Options

Alde Reservoir

I know there is a very long discussion about flushing the fluid from the Alde system and I think I have read it all multiple times.
One issue which is still not clear to me:  What is the normal direction of fluid flow 'into' and 'out of' the reservoir on a 2021 320S (with the reservoir behind the toilet)?
I believe that the larger port, directly below the fill cap, is the outlet (or, supply to the Alde pump), but I'm really not sure.  My unit is covered and stored for the winter, but I'm not sure I could follow the hoses anyway.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Comments

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,011
    edited January 2023
    The port directly below the fill cap is actually where the fluid returns, or enters the reservoir.  Here is a picture from another long thread where it was marked.  Also with the system operating you can take the cap off and observed the direction of fluid flow into the reservoir.  If that is not possible due to the placement of the tank maybe video it with your phone and you should be able to see which side the fluid flows into the reservoir.  This is probably a good thing to do as some have mentioned that their reservoirs were plumbed opposite of this photo.  However the photo shows how it is supposed to be hooked up. 

2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,292
    edited January 2023
    This might help?

edit to add that I've always thought that draining through the low point would be better.
    Who knows? Maybe I took mine apart and got it back wrong. :o

Slow typist.
    @bergger beat me to it, but I did get it back together right ...

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    Basil48192Basil48192 Member Posts: 266