Lithium battery to fit 2013 T@B 320

Hi!  I’m in the process of getting a lithium battery for my T@B 320.  I need to find one that will fit in the the space of the marine battery. I would be replacing.  I’ve measured the space and have only been able to find one battery that would fit and it is a 12V 100Ah.  Has anyone else had a similar situation?  Ideally, I would like to find a 12V 200Ah of the same size.  I would appreciate any advice anyone could give me.  Thanks!!!

Comments

• HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 604
    That will be tough.  Take a look at the SOK marine battery.  It has a taller design than most 200aH, so it may fit.  I have one in our boat and have been very happy with it.  It's not cheap.

https://www.us.sokbattery.com/product-page/marine-grade-12v-206ah-lifepo4-battery-sealed-plastic-box
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    A lithium battery can be fitted at any angle except upside down, so work on measurements in different postions: sideways, etc. 
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • SLJSLJ Member Posts: 445
    The Rich Solar 200AH is the smallest I've found at 19" long by 6.5" wide.
    https://richsolar.com/products/12v-200ah-lifepo4-lithium-iron-phosphate-battery
    You won't find a 200AH that's as small as a 100AH.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 504
    I just also just ordered the SOK marine battery, yes not cheep but living on the gulf coast when hurricanes come and put the power out in my house I want to still have lights, tv, water pump, shower, in my TAB. That 206 amp SOK is just about the weight of my wet 100 amp battery. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    DEBinIN said:
    Hi!  I’m in the process of getting a lithium battery for my T@B 320.  I need to find one that will fit in the the space of the marine battery. I would be replacing.  I’ve measured the space and have only been able to find one battery that would fit and it is a 12V 100Ah.  Has anyone else had a similar situation?  Ideally, I would like to find a 12V 200Ah of the same size.  I would appreciate any advice anyone could give me.  Thanks!!!
    I put a 90aH lithium battery there. You might be able to fit two 100s by stacking them on their sides, but I would measure carefully. Do you have the original plastic front tub (no bottom) or the metal one? Lithium batteries don't have to put into a vented battery box, but I'd recommend that you figure out a way to protect them from splashes. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 410
    Emphasizing what @Marceline wrote above, our lithium battery mfg recommended a box for our bottomless tub even though the battery is IPS-65 rated. Plus we put some corner pieces of Styrofoam for cushioning some of the bumps as the trailer rumbles down the road. 
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    There are a LOT of inexpensive Li batteries on amazon and ebay these days.  most fit in a group 31 case- 13" wide.  I watched a slew of YouTube videos on Lithium battery reviews- which included testing and tear-downs.  and...the Ampere-time (now branded LiTime) are some of the higher quality, better made inexpensive lithium batteries.  They have a new model that's quite a bit smaller than pretty much every other 100Ahr one. the MINI.  I dropped it into my Group 24 (yeah, small) battery case, and needed to position foam around it as it was so much smaller than the stock 75Ahr wet cell. The 100Ahr LiTime is only 5.24" wide, 10.24" long and 8.96" high.   2 of these would take up less space than 1 of their 200Ahr batteries, although there's not exactly a standard size battery case you could buy for it that I know of.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BX8S2VJ5?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

https://www.litime.com/

Made in china (of course), but shipped from california... very fast shipping.  was at my door in 2 days.  Came nicely packaged with a lot of nicely printed paperwork with tech info and such.  seems like a quality operation.  

Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite