TV to Microwave on 320 CS

Has anyone removed the TV and replaced it with a microwave in the back kitchen on a 2019 320 CS?

Comments

• MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 342
    We removed the TV. Replacing it with a spice rack this summer. I'm not sure the 12volt DC line in the cabinet will handle the amperage of a microwave. We bring extra electric appliances. We keep them separate from the trailer so then can be used as needed: on the table outside, on top of the stove or inside on the dresser when raining.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • techietabtechietab Member Posts: 159
    Mickerly said:
     I'm not sure the 12volt DC line in the cabinet will handle the amperage of a microwave.
    Absolutely won't. AC power will fry the puny 12v wiring. Microwave would need to plug into existing AC outlet or have proper 12 gauge (minimum) residential power wiring run to it.

Northern VA
    2022 T@b 320 S / 2021 Subaru Outback
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I put one in my Dutchmen Clamshell. (File attached). It took some cabinet cutting and a new cabinet door. I also ran a dedicated Ground Fault plug on it's own circuit into the inside of the cabinet. Since yours is a 2019, you would simply remove the television, and cut the facing of that one cabinet a bit, and decide if you want to cut a hole to run the cord to the 110 outlet already in the kitchen, or run a plug to the inside of the passthrough cabinet.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL