Options

2022 320S BD Dometic two burner glass stove lid won't stay up

Any tips or tricks? Worked fine before winter storage. Now only the right side slides into place and the lid will not stand up. Any adjustments? Thanks. 

Comments

• Options
    GregChrisGregChris Member Posts: 189
    Our cook top never stayed open. These paper clips/clamps are very cheap, and come in a variety of sizes. Put it where the top meets the window frame. Sorry I can't get a photo of it doing it's job, the 320 is covered right now.
  • Options
    boontabboontab Member Posts: 18
    GregChris said:
    Our cook top never stayed open. These paper clips/clamps are very cheap, and come in a variety of sizes. Put it where the top meets the window frame. Sorry I can't get a photo of it doing it's job, the 320 is covered right now.
    Great idea Greg! NuCamp is sending me a new lid (with hinges) since it's on warranty. And I thought I was good at workarounds on RVs? Hah. You win. I have a drawer full of those clips. The lid on our 400BD cooktop stands proud and tall all by itself. But I still don't trust it.  
  • Options
    GregChrisGregChris Member Posts: 189
    As I'm not the original, I' m out of luck as far as a replacement. Tried both Nucamp and Dometic. The clips do work well though.
  • Options
    Flybone89Flybone89 Member Posts: 59
    Mine failed staying up after just my first few trips after we bought it - so nuCamp replaced it under warranty and it worked for the rest of the camping season. Will be interesting to see the the status when we dewinterize in 2 weeks. It is very fragile and breaks quite often - because it is a terrible design and poor quality - boo Dometic! You need to be VERY careful lifting and closing the lid and even then there is no guarantee. I did notice in 2023 Tab 320 videos that it looks like it has a new stove - wonder if this is one reason why.

Kevin
  • Options
    Flybone89Flybone89 Member Posts: 59
    Sorry I forgot to actually answer the OP's question - we used potato chip bag clips when it was broken and they seemed to work well. We left a few in the Tab as backups just in case it breaks again which the dealer told me was not a matter of if but when...

Kevin