Options

T@B 400 Boondock stargazer window is not latching...

Discovered once we got to our campsite, it seems either my wife losing her balance and sticking a hand out and catching the bottom of the window, or sometime over the winter or on the drive up, our stargazer window "moved."  The latches on the passenger (kitchen) side of the window latch and go very deep into the frame channels, the drivers side and bottom latches, however, do not latch, at all.

When I look at the struts to keep the window open, the passenger side is almost right up against the frame, while the drivers side is angled outward.  Is this something that can be fixed by me, or is this going to be a dealer / nuCamp issue?  Additionally, as we're an hour from home and even further from our dealer, if we make sure to latch the passenger side latches and use the strut locks to keep the window closed, should we be OK?  Otherwise, any suggestions on keeping the window closed during transport until we get this fixed?

----------------------------------------------------------
Jay and Kat
Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge

Comments

• Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 272
    Hold the window open a little with both hands near the bottom while you’re lying on the bed and jiggle it so it moves sideways. That’s what I do to center it on the hinges. Turns out the window slides a little left and right on the hinges. You might be able to get it centered to where both latches fit. Works on the front window, too.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 617
    Agree with @Binghi.  You may need to have someone bump the side of the window from the outside near the top if wiggling it from the inside doesn't work.

Regarding the bottom latch that doesn't reach the catch, you may need to put a small spacer under the catch so the latch can engage it.  Maybe wiggling the window will also lower it a bit so the bottom latch engages.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 217
    Thanks both of you, once we've got daylight to see what were doing, we'll give wiggling it a try
    Jay and Kat
  • Options
    Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 217
    @Binghi and @Horigan you are my heroes!  With the wife jiggling the window and me thumping it with the hell of my hand at the hinge, all the locks are working again!
    Jay and Kat