Options

Removing Television from 400 - Accessing the Wiring?

1991sb1991sb Member Posts: 27
edited May 2023 in Modifications & Upgrades
We’d like to remove the television from our new 400, but we don’t know how/where to access the wiring to disconnect it.   Has anyone traced out the television wiring in the 400 models?  Thanks!
Bill & Sharon
New Mexico
2021 T@B 320s (“T@Bañita”)
2023 T@B 400 Boondock (“Redwing”)
2020 Subaru Ascent (“Bubbles”)

Comments

• Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 274
    I replaced the television in our 2021 400 BD with a charging station. The power cable, coaxial cable, and HDMI cable all go down behind the piece of trim that is installed at the foot of the bed next to the kitchen counter. From there at least the coax and the HDMI cable go into a chase that runs along the front of the bed. Not sure about the power cable routing. I presume the coax goes to the outside coax connection on the driver’s side of the trailer, and the HDMI cable makes its way up to the Jensen media center.

I used the power cord for my charging station. I stuffed the coax and the HDMI cable down behind the piece of trim to be used in case someone ever wants to reinstall a TV.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 291
    Removed ours as well. Flexible conduit and wires stuff into counter extension cutout just fine.
    I need to fill in screw holes and touch-up paint. Has anyone tried to color match the color of the textured wallboard in that area?
    Other option might be to see if NuCamp shop can send a scrap piece so local Ace Hardware can scan it.
    Thanks for posting @Binghi!
    2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM
  • Options
    MainenebulaMainenebula Member Posts: 2
    Binghi said:
    I replaced the television in our 2021 400 BD with a charging station. The power cable, coaxial cable, and HDMI cable all go down behind the piece of trim that is installed at the foot of the bed next to the kitchen counter. From there at least the coax and the HDMI cable go into a chase that runs along the front of the bed. Not sure about the power cable routing. I presume the coax goes to the outside coax connection on the driver’s side of the trailer, and the HDMI cable makes its way up to the Jensen media center.

I used the power cord for my charging station. I stuffed the coax and the HDMI cable down behind the piece of trim to be used in case someone ever wants to reinstall a TV.
    Binghi -

Would like to do the same.  Did you simply cut the power jack off and use the wire or find the correct female receptacle for the existing TV power cord?  If the latter what size plug is it?

Thanks - 
    Dan
    2021 T@B 400   2016 Tundra    Great state of Maine
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 274
    Dan, I cut the power cord and then attached banana connectors to the ends of the red and black wires so that they would match up with the banana connectors on my charging station. There is an in-line fuse in the cord, and I cut the cord beyond the fuse so the fuse still is in use (for what it’s worth).

I installed the charging station on the shelf below where the TV had been. Had to drill three fairly large holes in the countertop to install the station. That was the toughest part - the plywood or whatever it is the countertop is made of is extremely hard. Either that, or my flat wood bit was a lot duller than I thought.

I left the screw holes in the wall where the TV bracket had been mounted. The holes don’t look that bad;  plus, I might be able to use them again if I ever install a shelf on the wall.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    MainenebulaMainenebula Member Posts: 2
    Thanks!!
    2021 T@B 400   2016 Tundra    Great state of Maine