Options

Att@ Boy to the LG Guys

DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
edited May 2014 in Factory Comments
We just got our S M@xx wet bath T@B a couple days ago, and had a few questions...the dealer isn't open, and among only a few minor questions, I was confused by what the salesman told me and what I've read on this forum about the Alde (the dealer gave us the wrong literature). I sent an email to Ed Kaufmann but haven't heard back, so I called at 2pm (4pm LG time...they're open from 5:30a-4p) and got a young lady who said most people have gone home for the day...but since she knew I'm facing freezing temps tonight here in the mountains, let me get someone. She got Scott Hubble (the CEO) on the phone, he was MOST helpful, and we talked for maybe 15minutes. THAT...is customer focus!

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

Comments

• Options
    Kates_MobyKates_Moby Member Posts: 38
    I also have had to call LG a couple times this week. I have also gotten excellent service and immediate answers. Nice company!
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Scott is the CEO at the factory, very intelligent and is a peach of a guy, as are the entire crew down in Massillon at Little Guy World Wide.  You definitely got the right man as he is all about customer service and making sure that people are well taken care of.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    oldnewartguyoldnewartguy Member Posts: 11

L G recently brought our Tab back to Ohio to repair a troublesome Alde system. They also installed the auxiliary fan for the Norcold fridge. I asked Ed Kaufman if they could install the new style sliding screen door. They did that at no charge. Good customer service. They "repaired" our relationship that had become shaky due to the Alde problems.

Tom & Pam in MD

2014 T@B S M@XX         2014 Subaru Outback

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited September 2015
    Hmph! Oldnewartguy, I'm a little jealous!

I asked Scott ever-so-nicely if they'd replace, under warranty, that poorly designed and badly installed velcro screen door, with the new sliding version that had just come online (the velcro one was falling off). He told me, 'no it won't fit in my 2014'.

Edit - I guess Scott had finally heard enough about the bad velcro when you came to him.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Thanks Sandra, I've considered it.

I'll have to do a comparison between what LG sells and Larsen's.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    ChanW said:
    Thanks Sandra, I've considered it.

I'll have to do a comparison between what LG sells and Larsen's.
    Chan, it's a great sliding screen. It even impresses friends who don't camp!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Anyone know the price of the LG screen door, uninstalled?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    $139 is what I paid for mine at Tearstock. I was only able to secure mine at the top and bottom. It has two metal plates that are supposed to be installed on the sides, but I didn't use them. It works fine for me.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    KyBawpawKyBawpaw Member Posts: 183
    I'm currently doing a screen door project.  I'll post up some pics when I'm through. I've had the monster zipper it door that Velcros on. What I'm now doing is modifying the "Magic Screen" to work in my T@B. So far so good. As you may recall, it's the walk through magnetic screen door that closes itself by clicking together magnet blocks that run down the middle. It still Velcros on but you don't have to zip and unzip it. Also much lighter and flexible. The main problem is cutting it down to fit and then redoing the Velcro edging that you had to cut off. 
    "Not all those who wander are lost"- J. R. R. Tolkien 
    2014 T@B-S
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Alde: Draining for winter. Keep getting different answers on their. Asked Ed K specifics on the 2016 Model Max S but what he sent was directions on the 2014-15 models. Asked again specifically on the 2016 model DO YOU HAVE TO DO ANYTHING WITH THE YELLOW  ( what I think is a relief valve) to get water to drain from the hot water part of the Alde System. I know that you have to open the red and blue lines that exit thru the floor. Waiting for a response from Ed.
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
     search on "winterizing" and you should find some pix and instructions to answer your question.  If it's the valve I think it is, the yellow valve ("pops up") is the drain for the 2-gal water tank in the Alde (not the relief valve), and should definitely be drained for winter.  I'm assuming your model has a bypass valve that allows you to to bypass the Alde, fill the HW and CW lines with pink stuff, and still run the Alde for heat if you want to (see Jenn's comment above).

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    twocutestwocutes Member Posts: 198
    I know this is off the topic of the thread, but it's related to the winterizing posts.  I have a 2014 and no Alde bypass.  I know there are 2 valves I need to open to drain the system, but what I don't know is whether I leave in the RV antifreeze or drain it for winter.  I think the local dealer that did it last year drained it.  ??
    Beth
    Minnesota
    Practicing to be a wanderer
    2020 T@B 320 CSS Boondock Lite
    2014 T@B 320 CSS M@xx
    2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 8 speed automatic
    2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed manual
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Beth - You asking about the Alde antifreeze/glycol? If so, no, you don't need to drain that, only the hot water tank in the Alde.
  • Options
    No, not the Alde antifreeze, the pink RV antifreeze that you run through all the plumbing
    Beth
    Minnesota
    2014 T@B 320 CSS M@xx
  • Options
    Since each T@B release can be slightly different (improvements, etc.) and there are individual customizations, there is no one size fits all manual for the plumbing. The tricky part is figuring out what all the valves are for.  Have you searched for "winterizing" in the T@B Technical Area or Heating and A/C?  Google Search will also bring up various resources, including an owner written manual for a 2014 T@B.  Hope this helps!
    Beth
    Minnesota
    2014 T@B 320 CSS M@xx