Options

Tab 400 2023 - photo of smart solar MPPT 75/15

I just purchased a 2023 TAB 400. I cannot connect via Bluetooth to the solar controller. I look at the 75/15 under the fridge and no light is on and only 2 wires are connected. Can someone share a photo of their set up? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Comments

• Options
    RTWCTSRTWCTS Member Posts: 114
    edited June 2023
    deleted post... must have looked at my info wrong...sorry for misinformation.
    2023 TAB 400 Boondock
    2018 T@B 320 Sold
    Racing the Wind and Chasing the Sun
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,690
    It is hard to tell in your picture and description.  You say "only two wires are connected."  There should be two sets of cables.  One set goes to the "BATT" connection.  The other goes to the "PV" connection.  The "Load" connection is not used in the "normal" setup.
    This thread has some info and pictures on what to look for.  If there are no LED's showing on your controller,  there is obviously a wiring issue. There are also, depending on the battery setup you have in your new 2023, many moving parts. So, tell us what battery setup you have.  Check that fuse in the fuse holder, too.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,599
    @JWheel ;  Your Controller Wiring Looks normal/correct to me.
                     See image below.

{{ as @pthomas745 noted, there should be no connections to the Load Terminals  }}

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 310
    JWheel said:
    I just purchased a 2023 TAB 400. I cannot connect via Bluetooth to the solar controller. I look at the 75/15 under the fridge and no light is on and only 2 wires are connected. Can someone share a photo of their set up? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 
    Just to confirm, you see no intermittent blue light flashing on the controller? I would check the fuse to see if it has blown. 
    elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 310
    elbolillo said:
    JWheel said:
    Just to confirm, you see no intermittent blue light flashing on the controller? I would check the fuse to see if it has blown. 
    And while you are in there I would suggest taking a picture of the bottom of the unit so you have the PKU number. This will come in handy if you have any issues in the future with connecting to the unit.
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,507
    edited June 2023
    Maybe it’s just the angle of the photo, but it looks to me like solar panel + line (assuming that’s the green fused line coming off the Wago connector) is connected to the PV - and there’s nothing at all connected to PV +. It almost looks like both the Battery + and - are connected to BAT +. 

At any rate, I would suggest having a good look at the wiring diagram that @MuttonChops posted and make sure that yours matches. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    JWheelJWheel Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your help. I have no light on the controller. I will check the fuse. I’ll let you know.