Options

Black Tank Connection Leak

I am fixing a small leak in the connection to our Black Tank (2019 T@B 400) and wonder if anyone has experience or a suggestion for what flexible sealant to use to reattach the upper side of the 3" PVC elbow underneath the Black Tank? The upper side of the elbow inserts into the spun fitting coming down out of the Black Tank and then is clamped with a metal hose clamp (see pics). When I loosened the hose clamp it came apart very easily, so the sealant is low adhesion and flexible after 4 years of use (wasn't silicone-more pliable and less tacky). I'm trying to be careful that whatever I use is waterproof but not too sticky so it can be pulled apart again if needed (I have no idea what caused the stress but must have hit something on the road, so it could happen again). 

Creed at nuCamp said vendors complete that section so didn't know what sealant is used but confirmed it is a very specific, flexible sealant. Thanks for any help!
Gary & Tracy, 2019 T@B 400BD, 2019 Ford Ranger2008 Jeep Liberty, Southern CA desert

Comments