Options

No display on SeeLevel 709-p3

There is no LED display on the SeeLevel.  The pump switch works.  It used to work.  I am currently hooked up to shore power with the battery and LP disconnected.  Where do I start troubleshooting?
2018 T@B 320s, 2013 Toyota Highlander

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Good question, this is a first.  Check your fuse box.  Any other 12V lights/appliances not working?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,595
    Well now - - - most of the Owner Manual Troubleshooting information has to do with fixing Error Message Displays - - - not much on the Display being Dead.

A}  Are you sure the Water Pump works and its 'on' light works?
         If Yes . . . Power Center fuse should be OK.  That is SeeLevel has power.

B}  Manual has this troubleshooting comment:
         Suggest you keep the Battery OFF, then disconnect Shore Power,
         and wait 3-5 minutes before reconnecting shore power.
         If you are lucky the SeeLevel will 'reset" - - - - then go buy a Lotto ticket  :)
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,659
    There is a whole wiring diagram with pictures and descriptions in this thread. https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/4480/seelevel-system-is-driving-us-crazy

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    LisaTucsonLisaTucson Member Posts: 60
    I, too, am so grateful for this user group. In getting ready for a trip today I noticed the SeeLevel was "unresponsive". And sure enough, after disconnecting for 20 minutes...tada! All good.
    Lisa
    Tucson, AZ
    2016 T@B 320 S Outback ("Scout")
    TV: 2013 Lexus 450h
    "You never know when you're having good luck." ~ Unknown
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited September 2023
    I'm adding myself to this list as the third case of a blank SeeLevel display!  (While pump switch was working ok). Disconnecting all power to the T@B for five minutes did the trick for me!  Thank you @MuttonChops for sharing that tidbit from the manual & shame on me for not looking!
    I had been checking all systems for an upcoming trip, so was getting a bit worried about the possibility of not knowing our tank levels.
    That would also have been an issue at the dump station, since we've been using one of @Dalehelman 's clever mods to rinse our tanks at the dump station by putting the water hose into the plumbing vent pipe on the side above the waste tanks outlet.  My wife usually checks the SeeLevel volumes to let me know how to adjust & when to stop filling.
    I never saw any indication of an electrical error code on our PI Electrical Management system display, so I assume that whatever electronic glitch is that causes this issue, it happens within the SeeLevel circuit board. At first I  suspected a power glitch, but found no 12V fuse issues.  I also removed the SeeLevel panel from the wall to check wiring..

There was a free terminal at the top, but no loose wire in the wall & I found other's units also have that unused connection, so normal.
    Further, since I also have a rewired SeeLevel circuit (https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/83152/#Comment_83152) that provides a 7.5A fuse for the SeeLevel electronics board & pump switch, while leaving the pump itself on the circuit #4 10A fuse (via an automotive type relay switch), I  was concerned about that.  However, both fuses proved to be good.  By the way, that was my very first mod on our T@B, and the SeeLevel electronics board remains protected by a 7.5A fuse, while the pump runs on the 10A fuse in the converter..

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods