Options

Has Anyone Replaced all of their Wallpaper?

ReenieGReenieG Member Posts: 175
edited December 2023 in Modifications & Upgrades
I am seriously considering completely replacing my wallpaper since much of it has bubbles and it looks ugly anyway, lol.
I did what looks like subway tiles in the kitchen space on top of the existing wallpaper but that area was stuck on really good. Alot of the rest of the wallpaper looks like it would come off pretty easily and since the T@B is relatively small anyway... I think I would do the bathroom in a different paper than the rest of the trailer.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of paper to use? This is what I used for the kitchen tiles: https://amzn.to/48iV7J7
They are kind of rubbery feeling and a bit raised and they are still very stuck on after 2 yrs even living in Arizona.
I have new flooring so I'd like something that would go with the gray, plankish looking floor.
Here are some pics. 

2018 T@B 320S / 2020 Chevy Traverse V6 AWD / Phoenix, AZ

Comments

• Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 414
    I did wallpaper in our camper and LOVED it! Yes, past tense. It help up perfectly for years but we store under a carport. It was out in the sun for just one month this summer and it melted right off the walls. I live in Missouri btw.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076D1YS2T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    Custom Colors & Custom Interior
    We've slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    @ColleenD2 that paper looked way cute. Sorry to hear it failed, bummer. Did you remove all of the existing wallpaper or paper over it? I would want to remove my existing paper. I know someone that lives in a 5th wheel considering removing wallpaper and painting instead.
    I've seen a few DIY RV renovation videos in the past so I might have another look there as well.
    Thank you for your comment.
  • Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 414
    I papered over. I vaguely remember reading about pulling that existing paper would be a bad idea because of the way it’s integrated onto the panels at the factory. Some people have painted successfully. Good luck!
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    Custom Colors & Custom Interior
    We've slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    It's not something I'm in a rush to do so I'll continue to research. Thank you for your info.
    I did see someone's post somewhere that completely renovated their T@B. I'll have to look for that thread and have a look at what they did with the walls. Hopefully I can find it and will post a link in this thread.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @ReenieG you may want to hold off on that. The stock factory “wallpaper” is part of the Azdel walls that covers your unit. Here’s a pic of Azdel and what it is. That’s another good reason to never use screws or nails in the Azdel to hang things.

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,007
    We have a 400 and my wife simply used peel and stick wallpaper over the factory wall covering.   She installed in on the front wall by the dinette.   She got it from Spoonflower and it has been holding up perfectly for the past two years.  We've also used in in a couple of rooms in our house and it also has been great.  Practically unlimited patterns to pick from.   I guess depending on how bad the bubbling on your walls is may affect how it holds and looks. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 506
    @ReenieG I think this is the one you are referring to, it is great! I can only give you a small part of the address as I downloaded it over 1 year ago. I do not know how to download it to you, advanced age is in the way, it was FOR SALE 2017 TAB  320S FEBRUARY 1, 2022   Hope you can find it  Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    @bergger I did similar to my kitchen area but the paper underneath wasn't bubbling at all and it's been fine and still looks brand new 2 yrs later. See pics above. :)
    What I'm looking at is the bubbling up areas and how I've tried to do some of the DIY fixes on the internet for getting them to laminate back on to the walls. I think part of it is the extreme heat here in Phoenix and age of the trailer as well as using the shower which I occasionally do.
    What I think I might try before attempting anything else is what another person mentioned on this forum to reglue his flooring that's delaminated. I will edit this post with a link when I locate it. He provided links to the supplies he used. He injected with a hypodermic needle some glue into the bubbles then smoothed it out with a roller.
    @gulfarea thank you for the post title. I will check it out and edit here to let you know if that's the one. I would love a link to that post if you can figure out how to send one.
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 506
    @ReenieG I have the downloaded copy, the way he did the ceiling was wonderful! I can send the video to you if you want, wish I knew how to post it as it has been taken down now that someone had bought it! I sure wish I had bought it! I did copy it before it was sold so have the video. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    @gulfarea sure I'd love to see it. You can email it to me. That would be great.  Sunflower85027@yahoo.com
  • Options
    rcarlson1957rcarlson1957 Member Posts: 180
    We went a different route with our T@B. We painted the walls a light white/grey color. Really brightened it up. 
    2018 TAB 320S Silver/Black w/Dandelions
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL (AWD) Lunar Silver Metallic
    Rick and Barbara - North Texas 
    More Smiles Per Mile! B)
    Enjoy doing and sharing mods