Options

No hot water after draining alde

Hi there,
As a recent tabber, I’ve been reading a lot on the forum on this and other topics, but am still stymied with my 2018 320s.

In late fall, I drained the Alde and other valves thinking it would be best for water not to freeze in there. I took a trip in December and used campground power and water, but couldn’t get hot water. I came home to research and try again but still the water in the sink starts cold, gets warm for a minute, then is cold again. 

I have the water icon set to full, the electric set to 2, heat is set at 57, nothing else is obviously running. The sputtering stopped long ago so I think the air pocket is gone. Maybe.

I read that I should not turn on the pump while connected to city water, so I’m not sure what to do next. Thank you for all your help and I hope I’ll be able to see responses. I’m not confident of how this forum works.

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,659
    If your plumbing valves in the trailer are not set properly, water cannot get to the Alde tank.  If you "winterized" your trailer using the various instructions here, then you need to go back and check that the valves have been set back to the "camping season" settings. The picture below is from my 2017.  If you have the clamshell model, this picture will not match up!  But, if you don't have a CS, look closely at these valves and set yours accordingly.  Look closely at valves 2, 3 and 4.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    LeoniLeoni Member Posts: 9
    It was #3!! I love you. Hot water makes a big difference in winter camping enjoyment ❤️
    I thought that yellow flapper was the Alde bypass. 
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,659
    I bet you love the hot water more! ;)
    I hope you are now a tiny bit more confident on how the group works.!
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    LeoniLeoni Member Posts: 9
    Yes, thank you so much.. I’ll be focusing on the gas failure message next. I imagine one must eventually get to a fairly reliable state of understanding all the T@b systems—-I live in that hope!