Options

T@B 360 YouTube Video Coming 5/21/2024

ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 728
Just saw this video announcement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfg__jcV99k

"TAB 360 is set to revolutionize our teardrop travel trailer lineup. We blended the best features of our beloved TAB 320 and the spacious TAB 400. This seamless mix of innovation and luxury offers more living space but makes it easy to handle. Here's a sneak peek of our latest model. Stay tuned for additional photos and video or sign up for updates at nucamprv.com/tab-360."
After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller

Comments

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,067
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 266
    The 360 looks like a great set up! Our initial thoughts were that the fridge could be smaller, especially if it makes the counter longer and the stove/sink separate. 
    Definitely looks like it is well thought out. 
    Mary
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,254
    I’m actually impressed with the layout. My only gripe is the fridge and the limited prep space but you have the table right behind to your right that could be used as well. It’ll be interesting to see reviews on it. The wide angle lens makes it look huge.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    I have to admit it looks real nice!  Just a bit too small for the two of us.  If I was rolling solo I'd probably get one. 
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    StepheninDenStepheninDen Member Posts: 37
    I really like the new design, especially the twin beds / solo camper set up. Would love to see a CS version!! And one with a proper toilet and black tank (but I know that horse has left the barn).
  • Options
    jebjamjebjam Member Posts: 44
    Looks lovely, but disappointed it's not a Clam. Hopefully that's something they'll consider adding though there might not be the space with the north/south beds. The clam is the reason we bought the 320 over the 400, no reason for us to upgrade to this with the kitchen inside, it's our favorite feature. I know we're the minority, but clam owners are passionate about their outside living!
    2021 T@B 320 CS-S Boondock / 2020 Ram 3.0 EcoDiesel
    Golden, CO
  • Options
    SubaruLouSubaruLou Member Posts: 121
    The goldilocks of T@Bs! The kitchen area does seem small, but the tradeoff with the larger fridge with freezer I think would be worth it. For shorter trips or camping by myself, I pre-prep most of my meals so I can relax at site. Longer trips, I usually bring an outdoor camp stove/griddle set up. Love the twin set up with more leg room back to front. Big question, can it fit under a 9' garage door?
    2019 T@B 320 S  |  2019 Subaru Ascent
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,628
    StepheninDen said:
    . . . solo camper set up.
    . . . Would love to see . . . one with a proper toilet and black tank
    Regrettably most likely why I won't purchase another nüCamp

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  52   Nights:  329  Towing Miles 41,900+
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 512
    Muttonchops I am with you! As I advance in age lifting a heavy sloshing container around instead of hooking up a 1 inch hose (yes I use the SEWER SOLUTION) which uses a 1 inch hose to the sewage drain and never had a problem! Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    While I think it's a really cool trailer they are marketing it to people who have a tow vehicle that can't handle a 400.  Well I'm pretty sure they won't be able to handle this either.  It's only 311 lbs lighter which is pretty insignificant in a towing scenario.  And with the kitchen and bathroom upfront combined with that really large tongue box, which people will fill up, I bet the tongue weight will be too much for smaller vehicles.  I'm curious to see what the actual tongue weight is.  Maybe they have great balancing and the it won't be too high.  
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 287
    gulfarea said:
    Muttonchops I am with you! As I advance in age lifting a heavy sloshing container around instead of hooking up a 1 inch hose (yes I use the SEWER SOLUTION) which uses a 1 inch hose to the sewage drain and never had a problem! Art
    Buy a 400. It has a black tank.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    Flybone89Flybone89 Member Posts: 60
    This is for sure a Goldilocks trailer for our needs - we love our 320 but since I am 6'2" it has always been a head scratcher for me :-). We converted our 320 bed to a twin to make it easier for both of us to get out so there was no way the wedge bed in the 400 was going to work for us. And we love the "lounge" area we have in the 320. So as much as we hated it we started to "peek" outside the nuCamp family for what could be our next trailer but we could not find the same quality and community.

So this is perfect for us! Cassette toilet, towing specs, fridge size, floorpan - all work perfectly fine for us. I actually took a chance and put a deposit down with our dealer several weeks ago when I first heard about this model, and the more I learn, the more I am glad I did. Hopefully I will have first hand details to share!

Kevin
  • Options
    linolino Member Posts: 228
    Surprised and impressed 
    Can’t wait to see one in person
  • Options
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    edited June 7
    Here is another one that dropped today.  It's good to hear they dumped the Air8 AC and are trying the Truma Saphir AC/heat pump.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs4KQk-r27Y
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 464
    Life if full of trade offs, solo, 2 person, utility sites, dry camping, smaller tow vehicle, tall or short people. When marketing lists the uses to hit they go for the biggest bang for the buck.  I want to see and drool over some of the new features but we're over in the short, dry camp end so the 320 works best for us.  I agree with other posters that the 400 seems a better deal for the other end (tall, utility, 2 person) except for the improvement NOT to crawl over the other person we don't see a need for this.

Our misses are the loss of kitchen prep space as we have minimal need for refrig usage on our trips; to do quick bed prep we have sleeping bags and there is no space for them now. I also like the flexibility of the front current shelf / box options, an option for this giant one would be nice.

We like the lack of head banging storage! The multiple storage cubbies and FINALLY a place to shove shoes.  A better door lock. Changing to the bigger Alde is a good opportunity to anodize and correct clamping of the convectors - don't know if this has been done yet. I'm betting just having a larger floor space makes this a lot easier to get around but we aren't sure giving up site maneuverability is worth it.  There have been significant situations where we had firm / level ground that we've simply hand turned the trailer to get that awesome view. Taller is probably something that the 320 should do as it fits in only a few standard garages now.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 266
    We have the small fridge in our ‘21 400 and we love it. I wish it remained an option in the newer 400’s. Giving up our huge closet for a huge fridge we don’t use is a poor trade off. (I guess the socks will go on the bottom shelf of the big fridge?😉)
    Just curious- is the tall fridge in the 360 a plus or minus for most people? 
    m.r. 
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    For me it would be a minus since it takes away all the counter space if cooking or using the sink.  The large fridge along with the combo sink/stove are the only things I do not like.  Otherwise I love the trailer.  Even the usable counter space behind the combo sink/stove which the video says is a place to put things is unusable with the stove lid up.  I think the front kitchen area needs to be redesigned.  
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    PJ at Princess Craft RV has a 36-min TAB 360 Tour Video out now.
    More complete then any of the others released so far.

Princess Craft RV TAB 360 Tour

I found three aspects of the Tour interesting.  Interesting for how some features were described not for the feature itself.  Those three; kitchen counter, cassette toilet, storage.

In all three the Marketing Folks (Princess Craft or nüCamp) are really pushing against the frequent negative or 'personal like/dislike' remarks on forums, Facebook, youTube.

Kitchen counter:  Focus on how easy to open/close the single sink cooktop lid.
                               And there is a 5-inch counter at the back.

Cassette toilet:   So easy to move (when empty) and dump any where even in public restrooms (bad
                              form imho).  And no dump station stop!  While quickly glossing over the fact a
                              dump station must be visited to empty the gray water tank.

Storage:   A major discussion point has been the lack of storage in for example the current/recent
                   model year 320S due to under bench Alde + Air8 + Li-Ion Battery.  So the video has lots
                   of comments on the overhead storage.

It feels like instead of providing buyers options; cassette or black tank, big Fridge no counter or small Fridge with more counter space.  The Marketing Folks are just working/hoping to force acceptance of the no-choice single option product.

Perhaps I could live with a ducted under bench air conditioner, might even learn to live with the non-kitchen kitchen (I cook mainly in my 320S not outside).  But as I advance in the 70+ crowd both my interest and before long ability to man-handle a 50"ish pound full cassette every few days is shifting from 'could make it work' to no way - - - I'll have to shop a different RV brand.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm not so sure about the cassette toilet anymore.  I used to think I really wanted one but now know I absolutely do not want one.  @MuttonChops you are correct in that you still need to find a proper place to dump it.  And it requires dumping much more frequently.  After our last trip where we had full hookups for a week I would hate to have to pull out that cassette and dump it so often.  When we boondock we use the vault toilet, if there is one, or if not we can use WAG bags in our toilet and not use the black tank at all.  I guess I like the option of a higher capacity, easier to use imho, black tank that you can use WAG bags in as well.  

I do understand, though maybe don't like, that NuCamp is trying to design a trailer to the masses and get away from customization.  However I do think they completely missed the mark on the kitchen design of the 360.  Cooking and washing dishes in it would be difficult and not very enjoyable.  Have at least some counter space.  
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    bergger said:
    Yeah I'm not so sure about the cassette toilet anymore.  I used to think I really wanted one but now know I absolutely do not want one . . . . at least some counter space.  
    Wish there was a Super Like or Super Agree button on you comments.