2024 Tab 400 Drawer Height

Hello everyone. Our drawer under the rear bed in our 2024 Tab 400 keeps coming out during travel due to the latch not being engaged enough. Raising the drawer up would fix this, but it’s not clear how to do this. 

Has anyone had luck with adjusting the drawer height? There’s videos on adjusting cabinet doors, but nothing on the drawers. 

I looked at the rails and they seem loose and the screws spin without tightening. Hoping to get this fixed under warranty. 

2024 T@B 400 Boondock

Comments

• BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 323
    Replace the stripped screws on the drawer rails with larger ones that tighten properly, and tighten all the non-stripped screws. That should raise the drawer height. Also, tighten the latch and catch screws. If the latch still does not engage, try adjusting the position of the catch.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,327
    Yes, Nucamp’s cabinetry team is a little overzealous about tightening screws. Many of our cabinet hardware screws were overdriven and stripped. 

Wood glue and toothpicks and predrill and your screws will be good as new. 

To raise the drawer you’ll need to lower the rails on the sides of the cabinet.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • RTWCTSRTWCTS Member Posts: 130
    We had problems with the drawer coming out during travel when we first got our 400. The latch was not engaging with the catch when in the lock position. The catch is attached to the bottom of the center plywood panel of the bed. I added a shim (small washers) between the catch and the panel to lower it so that it would work. The easiest way to do this is unscrew and lift the panel to access the underside.
    In locations where screws were stripped in the holes, I've used the toothpick and glue trick mentioned above or just replaced with a larger diameter screw.

Having the work done under warranty is the easiest fix, if you can get scheduled. 
    2023 TAB 400 Boondock
    2018 T@B 320 Sold
    Racing the Wind and Chasing the Sun
  • floridamanfloridaman Member Posts: 4
    Thanks all for the comments. Camp warranty suggested a shim as well. Yea a lot of these minor things don’t seem worth the time and trip to the dealer for warranty work. 
    2024 T@B 400 Boondock