Options

Large Labs and Shower Doors

BertBert Member Posts: 87
Just a note of caution to those of you have showers and pets in your Tab. On our initial outing, our 80-pound lab had trouble finding a spot on the floor where she wasn't in the way. She ended up tucked tight in front of the shower door. I needed to get into the shower to retrieve her supper package, which was stored there (along with other items).

I pulled on the shower door to let her know to move out of the way. Bad idea.

She yelped. Sharp edges on the door trim left a short cut on her flank.

A thin strip of electrician's tape now covers the sharp edges on the bottom of the door trim. I wish Camas' cut was as quick to heal.

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited November 2015
    Bert, take a fine file (from the hardware section) and gently file all of the cut edges on the shower door frame. Go slow, gently finger test as you go along.  Hate to hear about your dog. Luckily Sunny Day steers wide of the shower door since she is barely taller than the bottom edge. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Bert, I have sent a suggestion to the factory asking if they could incorporate filing of the edges of the shower door and frame into the manufacturing process. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    BertBert Member Posts: 87
    Verna, thanks so much for your wonderful work in administering and moderating the forum--and in serving as the liaison with the factory. Camas is at the vet's as we speak, awaiting a couple of stitches. The cut was less than 2 inches long, but was into flesh for the entire length.

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Verna said:
    Bert, I have sent a suggestion to the factory asking if they could incorporate filing of the edges of the shower door and frame into the manufacturing process. 
    Yeah, that could possibly scrape a bare foot too.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Bert said:
    Verna, thanks so much for your wonderful work in administering and moderating the forum--and in serving as the liaison with the factory. Camas is at the vet's as we speak, awaiting a couple of stitches. The cut was less than 2 inches long, but was into flesh for the entire length.

You're welcome, Bert. This information has been passed along, too. Now for the hard part for you--trying to keep a Lab from scratching at a healing cut ;-)
    Verna, Columbus, IN