Options

Mattress Toppers - Recommendations/Suggestions

Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
For those of you using the larger, queen size mattress toppers what recommendations do you have when purchasing one?   I know there is "limited info" here on the forum and I've looked it over but would like to save some space, have the ability to roll the mattress topper up after use and store it behind the seat back and out of the way.  My 2015 T@B Max S has the updated cushions so I don't need any large mattress cover and was wondering what others are using to achieve some comfort for sleeping?  

I would prefer something smaller and would like to know where you purchased your topper and what types are available?  

Thanks
Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ

Comments

• Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Mike - I was in a dilemma because of the size I required (sleeping wheel to wheel, different width because I have the big cabinets in the back which makes the bed smaller when I use it as a twin - 29" x  70"). Anyway, I found an online place called mattressinsider.com. They can make a custom topper (if needed). I got the 2" Brookside Mattress Topper w/4 lb memory foam and an organic cotton quilt cover. Their service was fantastic and I'm very happy with it. It has enough cushioning for me and I'm able to fold it up and put it in the back cabinets if I want to make the bed up.  They have all sorts of choices if someone wants/need a thicker topper (http://www.mattressinsider.com/custom-size-mattress-topper-sofa-RV-truck-boat.html)

Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    edited November 2015
    Mike - I got a pair of 34"x70"x1.5" pieces of high density foam at a local foam supplier who would cut size to order. With two I can set it up for wife and me sleeping end-to-end of the T@b, or use a single piece across the back, leaving the table up. The pair roll up (I use a strap to keep them rolled) and fit behind the seat - actually they will fit under the seat backs in the rear compartment, so can be stored even when the sofa-back is in the down position. I paid about $40 a piece for them, although that was with some promotional discount.

Correction/update: My memory failed me; these do not fit in the lower compartments behind the seat, so the back will not lay flat with the mattress topper in storage.
    gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander

• Options
    karabukarabu Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2015
    We are working on outfitting our new Q Max.  I just purchased two twin size toppers through Costco.  I liked that these came with covers and would not need to be trimmed. We felt 2" foam should be enough but our shake down trip is a few weeks away.  They fit the space nearly perfectly and certainly seem like they will be easy to roll up/store.  $60 each.

The link will not paste correctly. Search 

SleepBetter™ Isotonic® 7-Zone 2" Memory Foam Mattress Topper

on Costco.com if interested.
    kara + aaron | oakland ca | t@bsmanian revel | 2016 t@b max q 
  • Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    Bought a King size 2" memory foam gel topper from the T@b M@x S....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FJNQCEQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

I then cut it in half and trimmed down to 35" X 73".  It cuts very well with a sharp electric knife.

Finally I bought a pair of these sleeping bag liners to cover the two pads to make them easy to roll up and quit dropping little blue turds all over the place.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014SD76UQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01

Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
  • Options
    leroybortleroybort Member Posts: 61
    Not too much experience yet, but we bought a 1.5 in. king memory foam topper from Kohls and stuck it inside a king size duvet (did not cut it down or anything).  It worked just fine for our first 2 nights and folded down nicely behind the "couch" back with our comforters and pillows during the day.. 
    Sug@rsh@ck -  2016 Max S Outback, 2016 Nissan Pathfinder.