Heads up Tearstock 2016 group area campers

monamona Member Posts: 240
Construction has begun on the new campground at Atwood. For those whose sites are in areas G2, G3, and the outside loop of G4 that do not border the main road, and had shade from trees last year....will not have shade this year, as all of those trees have been cut down. 

Got quite a shock when I drove up to check out my site this morning! 

Jeannie 
2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 

Comments

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Did you take any photos of the area?   Post them up if you have any....  Thanks for the heads up!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • monamona Member Posts: 240
    No pics. I should have though. Aforementioned areas have been clear cut. No trees at all.
    I will be there in the near future and will take picks. The new campground is supposed to  be done for 2017.

Jeannie .

2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • WanderlustWanderlust Member Posts: 2
    We are thinking if going but all the group areas are sold out however there is still overflow sites available in the B area. Is it still worth coming if not able to camp in the group area? We have never been to this campground so we are not sure what to expect as far as camp sites and how far it is from the group area. 
  • JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    If you get on Bing Maps, then zoom in to Atwood Lake, click on Birds Eye you can see real clear images of the park and campsites. The group area is only a 2-3 minute drive from area B.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • fireflyfirefly Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2016
    :cry: Sad all the trees are gone. The permanent rv sites are being renovated in late summer they are temporarily moving to where the trees were. I guess when this is all done tearstock event will have more sites available in that area. 

wanderlust the overflow site is nice it has Trees, showers, flush toilets & is close to the camp store I would be surprised if you get some visitors hang around your shaded site.  
    Seeing as though Pleasant Valley is so close to the park, could someone from the factory stop in at the park once in a while and take some pictures then post them so everyone can see what goin' on?
  • RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Seeing as though Pleasant Valley is so close to the park, could someone from the factory stop in at the park once in a while and take some pictures then post them so everyone can see what goin' on?
    Pretty much ALL the staff are there at one point or other (executives, factory workers and even their families). They host the first night dinner, put on the movie night, take tons of photos of the campers, put on the award show, etc.  Usually a couple board members (if not LG/PV staff) posts photos for the rest of us who can't make it...I made it in 2014, not 2015, and won't make it this year.  Hope to make it in 2017.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
    Pretty much ALL the staff are there at one point or other (executives, factory workers and even their families). They host the first night dinner, put on the movie night, take tons of photos of the campers, put on the award show, etc.  Usually a couple board members (if not LG/PV staff) posts photos for the rest of us who can't make it...I made it in 2014, not 2015, and won't make it this year.  Hope to make it in 2017.

Yes, we know about what all goes on DURING Tearstock, we've been there the last two years, I was suggesting that somebody could stop in there to see what changes are being done NOW, with all the tree cutting and all, so that those who will be there this year will know what to expect when they arrive. We won't be able to make it this year, but I'm still curious as to what changes are being made to the group area.
  • RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    edited March 2016
    Ah, GOTCHA, didn't read that way. 
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    In reference to Tearstock, does it cost extra to stay over Saturday evening?
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    kybob said:
    In reference to Tearstock, does it cost extra to stay over Saturday evening?
    Yes. You pay at the gate. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • SusanLESusanLE Member Posts: 14
    For those looking for more shady sites - this makes the "Overflow" camp site area even more appealing....
    LIVE*LOVE*TRAVEL
    2007 T@B (DM) - "T@BOO42"
    ("42 - The answer to life, the universe and everything...")

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Here is a map for those of you wondering about the layout....

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    New Welcome Center.  Taken March 13th.  (Stolen from Facebook)

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

Looks really nice. Thanks, Larry.