Options

Solution finally for hot counter top

TonydjdTonydjd Member Posts: 111
edited April 2016 in Tips & Tricks
Please as always perform to your technical level. I installed 2 92mm fans with small amount of stand  off to create some air movement directed at the fins creating the heat. Note the magnetic thermo switch it opens at 120 and closes at 90 very simple process the red wire from fans connect on one side other side is battery hot which you can tap from above the existing thermo switch. I left the factory switch and fan in position. I did add the 2 additional fans on side of unit so I have 4 fans connected to the magnetic switch it works perfect counter is no longer hot.

Note - I also made the the fans on vent side removable for simple fact there are 3 fuses located on top of fridge that can be reached without removing stove top.

Side view

Top of fridge

Tony D
Central,Fl
2015 T@B Max-S

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Thermo switch is a great idea and easy solution.  Well done.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options

Like 8 bucks best part it has a magnet so it's attached to the part that generating all the heat
    Tony D
    Central,Fl
    2015 T@B Max-S

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    Nicely done Tony!  I noticed you went back to only two fans on the outside grill.  They're installed within the inside plastic flange of the grill.  What size are they (my 92mm would not fit in the flange)?  Great idea with the temperature switch and extra fans next to the fins.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I used 88mm on outside grill then used 92 on inside  to help  cool the  fins. If you look under sink there is an access board you can remove. I took the board out mounted the 2 fans used couple small spacers pay close attention you cannot stand off  to far or the fans will actually touch the fins. Obviously you have to stand off the fans far to create air movement. If you selected you could make holes in the board and draw cooler air from inside cabinet to cool. I've found that was really not needed as of yet but that option is available.
    Tony D
    Central,Fl
    2015 T@B Max-S

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I love these types of innovative ideas....  I sent this on to the factory as an "FYI."  The thermal switch makes good sense, as does the extra fans for cooling.  

Well done!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    anything ever come about
    Tony D
    Central,Fl
    2015 T@B Max-S

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    Great to hear from you again Tony.  Welcome back to one of our best "Mod Squad" members!  (Dale is our leader.)
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.