Options

Norcold Fridge not cold

I plugged in the trailer to the house and set my Norcold fridge to AC power and it never got cold, the fan never ran. I set it to DC power and the fan is running, the panel next to the fridge is quite warm and the inside of the fridge is getting cold. I tried several times to set it to propane but was unsuccessful at getting it to stay lit. Any suggestions for the problems with the AC and propane not working? I was due for my maiden voyage tomorrow and am not looking forward to having to use an ice chest.
PJ in Arizona 2014 Tacoma. 2015 T@B S

Comments

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Hi, LittleRed -- The T@B has to be fairly level for the propane to work.  Also, are you following the step-by-step instructions in the refer manual?  I know it sounds elementary, but if the steps are not followed exactly, the propane won't light.  Also, make sure the propane is turned on at the bottle.  :):)  One thing, too, how is your T@B plugged into at the house?  Do you have your 30 amp cord plugged into an adapter and 110/120 house power?  I have heard from others that it takes longer for the Alde to heat up if it is plugged into 110/120 power, and maybe that applies to the Norcold, too.  Just a thought.  Lastly, check your fuses in the main power supply panel (where the converter is). :(
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    LittleredTabLittleredTab Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the reply Wanderoo. I have done all that you mentioned except look at the fuses. The fridge is cold now but it is running on DC. The power from the house is keeping the battery charged, but as the manual states, the fridge is supposed to only be run on DC power while in transport so I hope I am not messing something else up. I am still unable to fire up the fridge on propane, the tab is perfectly level. It has been raining a lot here which maybe makes it difficult to start on propane? I suppose I will have to use an ice chest once I unhitch in the mountains if I can't get the propane to work but the stove is working anyway. Then when I get back take it in for service. Didn't think I would need to do that so soon. Real bummer all the way around. The fridge installation manual states that there is a fuse between the fridge and battery but if it is where I think it is, it is very difficult to get at for this body of mine.
  • Options
    Cheryl74074Cheryl74074 Member Posts: 71
    At one point our fridge wasn't working on AC power and we couldn't figure it out. But when I turned both dials all the way to 'off', and then turned the power dial to electric, and then turned the fridge on, it worked. It's worth a try!

Cheryl, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel, 2015 T@b S Maxx (T@bitha)
  • Options
    This might be a silly question but I thought turning the dial to electric was turning the fridge on to electric. Is there something else I need to do besides turning the dial to electric and having the trailer plugged into the house?
  • Options
    VindalouVindalou Member Posts: 6
    You also need to plug the fridge into the outlet under the sink.
  • Options
    It is plugged in. Just got back from my week trip and I never could get the darn fridge to work on gas or AC, but it does work on DC.
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Well, bummer. Don't know what else to suggest.  Maybe a bad Norcold fuse??? but I don't know how to access that.  Did you have a good trip, nonetheless?  Hope so.    :-?
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Just got back from having the fridge serviced and the repairman found 3 fuses on top of the fridge with one of them being blown. This should fix the problem of the fridge not working on AC. As far as the propane, the repairman determined that the gas safety valve needs to be replaced.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Ahhhh....good!  Must have good cold beverages!!!  Now I know where to go when I winter in AZ!!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    TonydjdTonydjd Member Posts: 111