Options

Odor in the bathroom ... Not that type

2016 Max S. We had an odor in the bathroom on the last trip. Assumed that our black tanks was starting to smell, so we started using a deodorizer. Am having the same smell this trip. It doesn't smell like the vault toilets, so I don't think it is the toilet.  

Wondering whether the shower drain is drying out and allowing gasses to come up from the gray tank. 

Has as anyone else experienced this odor in the shower area?

John & Lisa, 2016 M@x S, Silver/Yellow, Hood Canal, WA, TV = 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Comments

• Options
    lara9209lara9209 Member Posts: 45
    And in 5 minutes ... Think we figured it out. We have a mesh laundry bag that we keep our dirty laundry in.   We keep it in the floor of the bathroom most of the time.  I had noticed that some of the clothes were wet when I went to do laundry. I think as we are driving, the water is bouncing out of the drain ... If the laundry wasn't there, it would go back into the drain, but because the laundry is absorbing it, we are smelling the gray water tank gasses. 

Thought I would share in case anyone else has the same issue ... I will let you guys know if this doesn't solve it
    John & Lisa, 2016 M@x S, Silver/Yellow, Hood Canal, WA, TV = 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
  • Options
    Roadie_ORoadie_O Member Posts: 40
    Ah! Good guess, and good bit of info. On our trip home from 1st night of camping, a tub with our shoes in it jumped out of the bathroom, and the door closed behind it again, leaving us scratching our heads for a long time before I noticed the little door latch was pointed down. Thought we had magic shoes for a minute...
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    As noted above - Yes, if the shower drain dries out, you will get gray water tank fumes - took me awhile to figure that out. My brother was having the same oder and turned out to be the same issue.
  • Options
    tingle49tingle49 Member Posts: 13
    We had the same  problem ran the shower water and odor was gone. must be the drying out of the trap. 
    Sometimes I think well; sometimes I don 't think so well...