Options

Has Anyone Used The Teardrop Veil Rain Fly with the T@B

We recently bought our T@B Cs and would like an opinion on the Teardrop Veil Rain Fly sold through the Online Store. It looks like something useful in rain with the T@B's outside kitchen, but in the pictures I've seen, it looks like it's being used on LittleGuys.  
Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I use the Tail Veil on my Silver Shadow and I'm not sure the Tail Veil is tall enough for a T@B CS.   If you want to measure your T@B's hatch, my hinge at the top of my hatch is 56" from the ground.  That gives plenty of room to shed rain, heavy dew, snow, etc.  If you live close, I'd be happy to help you try one out on your T@B.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    Thank you, Verna.  The hinge on my T@B Cs is 62.5" from ground.  I think you confirmed my fear, and I really appreciate your help.
  • Options

You're very welcome

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    forklift_guy59forklift_guy59 Member Posts: 16
    I'm looking for an awning that will allow access from the side of the T@B at the door to the rear of the CS without going around the side of the awning. Sounds minor but that's what the wife and I think would work the best for us. We spend a lot of time at the rear kitchen. Does anyone know if the one that LG sells allows you to roll up the complete side? or is there another option?
  • Options
    IACamperIACamper Member Posts: 109
    I think there was someone who worked with Paha Que and had a custom awning made just like that.
    Kristi Des Moines, IA 2008 T@B L
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited October 2014
    I don't know of any "awning" that would allow for that?   Have you considered a canopy?   Paha Que makes various canopies and something like a 12' x 12' canopy (shown below) that would cover the galley area and could be offset over to one side of your trailer to give some coverage.  The canopy below could have additional height with the legs pushed in closer together.  I have also seen people use blocks under the feet to raise these canopies up further.  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    That looks interesting, Mike.  I have a 10' by 10' pop-up that I plan to check.  My concern, without actually checking yet, is that the pop-up has a frame around the top on each side that may be too close to the trailer.  Accidents happen for many unexpected reasons. I like the soft material of your example that would be closest to the T@B. I need to check and think, then revisit this post.
  • Options
    carolandstevecarolandsteve Member Posts: 1
    My Husband and I have been watching this forum for over a year. We will order a CSS next spring. Like you gilbutler, we are looking for the same solution.
    Would like to hear/see the custom Paha Que...does anyone know about this?

We saw 2 set up configurations during a visit at the Blue Ridge Rally in April - Coleman brand I believe. 
    One was a 12' x 12' set up over and behind the clamshell offering plenty of space and protection. We may do that with an XL T@B visor for over the door fr bad weather option. 
    The other set up we saw at the rally was not a CS Model. The Canopy size 15' x 15' . The owner used  risers (about 12"+) he created for each leg of the canopy. We wondered if a similar set up - placed on an angle or offset could cover most of the rear and close to the door area. Its an idea we had - not tried or measured.                       15'x 15' Canopies are not easy to find. Good Luch, please post if you find a good solution.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I'm sure that the Paha Que is much lighter than any pop-up canopy and the weight has always been my primary concern.   I can move my around easily and it is a staple among all the gear I carry with me in my diamond plate tool box on my Silver Shadow.  I have seen the larger 12 x 12 canopies too and they are huge and I believe you could probably put your trailer beneath it if you wanted additional shade in a hot environment.   My 10 x 10 XLT Paha Que canopy is the most valuable piece of gear I have and I'll take that with me when i go out west because it's easy to put up, gives me shelter over the galley area and protects me from the sun.  The two permanent sidewalls on each end are valuable too as I can get extra shade coverage by extending them out and using poles.  It's worked nicely with a picnic table too for shade.  It also has the rope sewn into one side and can be used in your Keder rail on the side of your T@B.  

Here are some shots from the Ohio rally....

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    diverdorkdiverdork Member Posts: 6
    Hi Mike
    Do you know if this is a 10 X 10 or a 12 X 12? Thanks!
  • Options
    diverdork said:
    Hi Mike
    Do you know if this is a 10 X 10 or a 12 X 12? Thanks!
    That is a 10x10.
    Verna, Columbus, IN