Options

Camp tables

we aren't really pleased with our foldable camp table(s). They are so light the blow away in wind or extension leg mechanism doesn't work or...whatever. Is there a table you would recommend? 

Comments

• Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    The table that comes with the T@b! (from our 2015 T@b, not the new Lagun mounted one) I know lots of people don't like it because it is a bit heavy and awkward until you get the forward then up or down motion for raising and lowering. But we have found that it makes a decent sturdy (if smallish) camp table just outside the door. As a secondary benefit it keeps you from banging your head on that side window....
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Yeah we like the Tab table as a camp table too. Nice and sturdy.

We did find out (the hard way) that the Formica top does not make it rain proof. The edge trim doesn't seal well enough, and then the particle-board swells when it gets wet...
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Spruce1Spruce1 Member Posts: 100
    We have the GCI 20 camp table that works well. We use it inside our Tab and outside.  I've ordered the larger GCI 25 model so that we've got more table top space when there is more than just the two of us having dinner. https://www.amazon.com/GCI-Outdoor-Compact-Camp-Table/dp/B00VO7M9OS
    2014 T@B-S
    2019 Honda Ridgeline, AWD, V6, 5,000 lbs towing capacity
    Minnesota
  • Options
    KathKath Member Posts: 8
    https://www.rei.com/product/378009/camp-time-roll-a-table

I've had a "Roll-a-Table" for 25 years and it is FANTASTIC. I made shorter legs for it out of closet hanger pole size doweling - that makes it just the right size to cook on while sitting in a low beach chair. Then I made a big stuff bag for the table and both sets of legs. It's been all over the country, or should I say North America? Been to Alaska, the Yukon, NW Territories, BC and Alberta, besides most of the great USofA.

Sometimes, when I have it set up tall, I used some climbing webbing and a carabiner to clip it in around a tree trunk. That makes it bomber.

Keep the magic alive!
    KEEP THE MAGIC ALIVE!

2015 T@B M@X S. . . he, she will name itself on the next trip. . .
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I've got a fold-a-table too and like it but this is my favorite camp table and sets up much quicker.  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    KathKath Member Posts: 8
    ^ ^ ^ ^ That *IS* really cool. I have one of those tables - the original owner bought the hardware and made a very cool wooden top - might have to look into getting another mounting bracket and fully stealin' this idea!

KEEP THE MAGIC ALIVE!
    KEEP THE MAGIC ALIVE!

2015 T@B M@X S. . . he, she will name itself on the next trip. . .