Options

Mods to the H@wk T@B

ronin718ronin718 Member Posts: 92
edited October 2016 in Modifications & Upgrades

So we decided to get some mods done to the H@wk T@B. The guys at Pleasant Valley/NuCamp, particularly Marvin and Austin, did a great job dealing with all the tweaks, quirks, and whatever else I could throw their way. Gone are the sink/stove and the TV in the back, new are the shelves in the front, outlets both front and back, nice new counter on the left in the kitchen, and a new cabinet door. Thanks guys!!!

John & Lori in Northern VA
Former owner of 2015 T@B CS Max "Uteki" aka "H@wk T@B"
2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 Off-Road "Zame"

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    ronin718, Looks nice. Questions though, do you have a separate outdoor kitchen that you use, and what do you use for a sink? It appears you gave yourselves a LOT more storage doing the mods you did. Nice shelves in the front, do you plan on putting doors in front of them, or no? Just curious.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Very nice, I like what you did with the bench.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Eric, we do our cooking either on a Coleman RoadTrip XL grill or in a dutch oven.  Dishes are done either using the 3-pot method (gotta love Boy Scout training!) or we use the available facilities.  No doors for the front, the shelving has specific things in mind. Bottom shelf will have two TV trays to replace the big table. Middle shelf is where our travel bags will go. Top shelf will have two fans to circulate air when we sleep.  Of course, if the wife gets the idea for doors, than that may happen.  :D

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    ronin718, OOPS! Sorry if I started something! :o Thanks for satisfying my curiosity though! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    SnapDogSnapDog Member Posts: 53
    Very nice - I like how clean and neat both 'after' shots look. ... Okay, I'll bite. what's the 3-pot method? Pretty sure I got two of them sorted, but the third?
    Sn@pDog, 2017 Outback, Silver w/black trim
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Hot water wash, hot water rinse, and sanitizing soak.  I was a Boy Scout too :grin:

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Give that man a merit badge!!!  Yep, third pot (can also be Tupperware "bowls", and often are) is a cold water rinse with bleach in the mix.  Don't let those anywhere near your good clothes while wet.  :D

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Don't let me near the final rinse since I'm allergic to bleach......
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    SnapDogSnapDog Member Posts: 53
    huh. ... and to think I've been doing it "wrong" all these years...
    Sn@pDog, 2017 Outback, Silver w/black trim
  • Options

So earlier this week I shared the mods that we had done to the H@wk T@B. For the benefit of any future owner, we left the water pipes in place, but recognized this would be a lot of wasted space if we didn't do something about it. Here was our solution. The craftsmanship may not be to PV's level, but it serves the purpose. :D

• Options

Okay, so I promised somewhere that I would post a picture of the front shelving mods in action.  Here's the image as we were set up during our trip this last weekend...