Options

Shore power cable

Hello all,
My wife and I just recently purchased a 2014 T@B cs -s (new),we are due to take delivery next week,do the tabs come with a shore power cable?

Comments

• Options
    gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    Mine did.  I also purchased a pigtail adapter to allow hookup to my 110 V house power.
    Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    As gilbutler said - It should - They're fairly spendy, $150+ so I'd make sure they include it.
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    gilbutler, did you have to make adjustments to your breaker @ home? We think we would have to run new cable from main breaker.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    Judy, I just used a pigtail adapter from the plug of the 30 Amp cable to the standard 110 Volt grounded extension cord plugged into my normal household outlet.  I have no problem running the T@B's refrigerator, Alde (first electric setting), the CD, and some lighting.  My 110 volt household outlet is on a standard 20 Amp breaker. 
    Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    I have been running the new T@B on the second setting while connected to our 110 outlet at our house with no problem. Of course that is with the 30 amp power cord that came with the rig and a 110/30 amp adaptor. Heat and fridge work great.
  • Options
    Can't remember what size our cable is. My husband is very good and all that sorta thing. I do the reading and typing.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    I had two 6 volt batteries rather than the single 12 volt battery installed by my dealer. When I brought the Mouse house home I had battery power but the 110 outlet wouldn't work. My hard wired (also dealer installed)  surge protector lit up with an error and told me my outside outlet was not grounded. So I had a grounded outlet installed. Now I get 110 but have no power in the 12 volt outlets. My 20 amp fuse, the one by the battery appeared to be blown. My dealer will be closer to me this tuesday, he is taking the T@B trailer into LA to be on TV (Little Guy trailers in San Diego will be showing off The T@B/T@G trailers on CBS, tuesday morning on channel 2 ) and as he will be close to me is going to stop by and troubleshoot and fix whatever the problem is so I can charge up the batteries. He believes I may need a heavier gauge wire and a 30 amp fuse because of the two batteries.  So many little bugs to work out but with each problem comes wisdom... or at least that is what I keep telling myself. Ha. I LOVE my T@B and I haven't even had it out of the drive way yet. T@Bs rule.
    The mouse house and me
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    A learning experience for us as well. Thanks for sharing

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    radren said:
    I had two 6 volt batteries rather than the single 12 volt battery installed by my dealer. When I brought the Mouse house home I had battery power but the 110 outlet wouldn't work. My hard wired (also dealer installed)  surge protector lit up with an error and told me my outside outlet was not grounded. So I had a grounded outlet installed. Now I get 110 but have no power in the 12 volt outlets. My 20 amp fuse, the one by the battery appeared to be blown. My dealer will be closer to me this tuesday, he is taking the T@B trailer into LA to be on TV (Little Guy trailers in San Diego will be showing off The T@B/T@G trailers on CBS, tuesday morning on channel 2 ) and as he will be close to me is going to stop by and troubleshoot and fix whatever the problem is so I can charge up the batteries. He believes I may need a heavier gauge wire and a 30 amp fuse because of the two batteries.  So many little bugs to work out but with each problem comes wisdom... or at least that is what I keep telling myself. Ha. I LOVE my T@B and I haven't even had it out of the drive way yet. T@Bs rule.
    The mouse house and me

Are your fuses okay in your electric converter?   
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    HI Mike,
    My salesman is here at my house today and is fixing everything. LOVE san diego little guy!!!  I believe the 20 amp fuse by the batteries was blown but haven't even gotten to the ones by the converter yet. I will update soon.
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Raden - I'm trying to find the LG segment on CBS San Diego - when you have time would you have more luck in finding a link to watch it? I'd love to see that segment. Michele
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    It appears we may be experiencing a problem with our dealer installed battery. We suppose we didn't realize it would run down so quickly. We gave it a good charge, but today without even installing it into the T@B, it seems it has lost a bit of the charge. We were going to do a local first time trip for the experience, but the local battery dealer hasn't called to give us his diagnosis. Not only that, he doesn't have that battery in stock. What is your take? We will be hooked to shore power if we are able to take the trip. Thanks.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Judy, the battery does sound like it has a problem. Have you tested it with a volt ohm meter? It does take longer to charge it the first time, but it should never drop below 10.5 volts. While charging, the volt ohm meter should show over 13.0 volts.
    Is there a date punched out on the battery, or written on it? Cars have a date on them, but I'm not sure if it's a manufactured date or an installed date.
    My first battery in my SS was good enough to run lights and TV overnight, but the charge ran out quickly. It had been sitting at the factory for 18 months, without being charged. It was below 10.5 volts when I first started charging it. At the time I didn't realize the battery had been ruined by sitting unused for so long. I love my new 100 ah (amp hour) battery that I replaced with.
    I'm not saying this is what is wrong with yours, just giving you an example from my experience.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Dealer wrote the date on our battery, but we have no info on how long he had it. Husband put analog meter, showed over 12, put digital meter 11.9 was result. It is at an Interstate Dealer. He is charging and will put load on it. Should know something tomorrow. It is under warranty as just had the trailer a few weeks. Thank you.

• Options

I love my Interstate batteries.  I installed an Interstate 100 ah AGM battery in the Silver Shadow and I just had to replace the battery in the Escape and put an Interstate battery in it also.  My mechanic neighbor says the Interstate battery is the best I could buy. 

Yes, it should have been over 13.0V if it were fully charged.  You'll have the answer after the Interstate Dealer has put a load on it.  Patience is a virtue ;-)

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna, agree! As you have read, this would be our maiden voyage, so to speak. It is cold here, so we tested the Alde. We haven't used the lights, tried the TV, frig on gas. We haven't been hooked to shore power so we haven't encountered any problems there. We have experienced many dead batteries in our 42 yrs of marriage. I was hoping this would not be the case. If we can use shore power and have heat, that is fine. Lights would be great as well. Haha I do appreciate your help.

• Options
    You're very welcome.  Do you have the 30 amp to 20 am adapter so you can plug your cord into an outlet at your house?
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna, husband was going to fix us an outlet, but we haven't done it yet. We thought about getting the adapter from 30 to 20, but that would only charge the battery, we think. That comment is based on the house wiring size from our home breaker. I am talking in riddles, but I think you understand. Our driveway is on a slope and we feel the bottom might drag trying to get it closer to our garage outlet for use with an adapter. The placement now would require a longer cord and we feel we would lose too much current.

• Options
    USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    Judy - I strongly urge you to consider a 30 to 20 adapter; this one is inexpensive and it comes in handy so often. I use a long heavy-duty, outdoor extension cord and not only charge the battery, I can also run the Alde on low heat setting, which I did during our recent cold snap as an alternative to full winterization. Grandson spent the night in the T@b last night, 37-degree overnight temps.

gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander

• Options
    Gerry, the adapter is not an issue, it is the length we would have to use for the heavy duty extension cord. How long is your extension cord? Marvin @ LG agreed that the length might be an issue. Wouldn't be a problem if we were confident trailer would not drag pulling into our drive and could park beside our outlet. Husband lost a small power tool because the length of extension cord to the job site, so to speak, was so far and with the voltage drop, fried his tool. The other option is to run new cable from home breaker and install new outlet soley for the T@B Still running this through our feeble minds.

• Options
    USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    Judy - Believe it or not, I've got a 100' extension cord, and my volt meter shows 110 volts at the nether-end.
    gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander

• Options
    Great Gerry. We did hear from the factory and the response/suggestion was: ok, for a short period of time to run without battery, but....big but..they have never done that @ the factory, so... Secondly, it was stated that the converter mfg. would say NO. Think our battery is ok, now. We just didn't want it to run down during the night and the CO begin chirping and scare the life out of us. Thanks for all your help.

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890

Verna, do you know the part number of your 100 ah Interstate AGM?  I was looking at their site on the Internet and see that they list six different batteries.  Was just wondering which one you have in case I decide jump in.  Thanks. 

Happy Thanksgiving: to you and everyone!

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    RZRBUG said:

Verna, do you know the part number of your 100 ah Interstate AGM?  I was looking at their site on the Internet and see that they list six different batteries.  Was just wondering which one you have in case I decide jump in.  Thanks. 

Happy Thanksgiving: to you and everyone!

Larry, no I don't.  Ask for the one that is meant for travel trailers and RV's.  It cost $250, so that might narrow it down, too.  Now, if your battery is on your tongue, you don't need the AGM sealed battery.  That will save you some money.  But, if you moved your battery inside (mine is in the galley under the counter), then you would need the AGM battery.

And, a very Happy Thanksgiving to you.  I'll be giving thanks to my SS for giving me the freedom to be able to travel inexpensively throughout the USA.  Oh yeah, and to my family for putting up with me, even when they don't know where I am ;-)

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890

OK.  Thanks.  Was thinking more of the maintenance-free aspect than the venting.  Will probably stick with OEM (which is an Interstate) when the time comes.  There is just too much time for thinking and dreaming during the winter.  >:)

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map