Options

Remove mirror from bathroom wall

SwatSwat Member Posts: 3
I have a 2014 T@B Little Guy S model. I would like to remove the mirror from the bathroom wall. I tried to remove it but it is apparently held by clips and adhesive. I removed the clips and put a slender metal shim under the mirror and attempted to "pop" if off the wall but it wouldn't move. Any ideas of how to remove the mirror without breaking it? Whatever glue that was used to stick it to the wall really holds. 

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    I removed ours, and I made a good mess of the wall behind it. Not recommended!

As you say the adhesive really holds! 

I put it back with more adhesive...  =)
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited January 2017
    I removed mine a long time ago (2015) and there was no adhesive, just the clips. Wonder if that's the case for all post-2014 models.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,501
    You could try one of the orange oil solvents like De-Solv-It, but I have no idea what it would do to the wall behind it. Could make things much worse, but it takes adhesive off nicely.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    The mirror covers a round access hole to the A/C drain area.  Unless you plan on covering this hole up with something else, leave the mirror in place.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.