Options

9 months solo

2»

Comments

• Options
    CarefreeZenCarefreeZen Member Posts: 4
    haha... mistakes are learning experiences and and are for correction, not beating myself up about!  =) ...intending to learn with ease, grace and joy as I navigate new territory... all so exciting! Thanks everyone!!! <3 
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709

@mickietucs

Thanks for all the helpful info! I'm super curious what it costs to live own the road. I'm thinking about selling my house and wonder what kind of budget I need to travel with a T@b...? I've traveled solo before but just in my car with tent and also stayed at friends and inexpensive hotels... spent about $1700/month over a 4 month period on gas/lodging/food/entertainment/etc. Any help would be much appreciated!

I kept a detailed log (JennK would be proud of me - almost an Excel spreadsheet - ha!). Averaging the time I was gone, I  spent ~$830/month which included campgrounds, fuel, groceries, eating out, and propane. I'm sure many others spend way less since they boondock far more than me. I spent way less on campgrounds in July/Aug/Sept/Oct as I was at my sons' houses (no rent) but spent more perhaps in other categories. Now I'm going to track expenses once I move back into my little duplex as I want to compare that to being full time. Hope that helps a little!
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    CarefreeZenCarefreeZen Member Posts: 4
    @mickietucs that's so helpful!! Thank you so much! Yes, I imagine it will be curious for you to see how duplex living compares to the road... I find when I'm on the road I don't have any compulsion to buy and accumulate stuff because there's nowhere to put it and I'm just having way too much fun to shop... especially online! lol ...many blessings!
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709

@mickietucs that's so helpful!! Thank you so much! Yes, I imagine it will be curious for you to see how duplex living compares to the road... I find when I'm on the road I don't have any compulsion to buy and accumulate stuff because there's nowhere to put it and I'm just having way too much fun to shop... especially online! lol ...many blessings!

Agreed! Amazon can be dangerous.....lol.
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!