Options

Black tank outlet loose

Hi All,
I remember seeing some posts about this and now I can't find them.  The black tank outlet on my 2015 T@b S is loose, it moves back and forth, although it doesn't leak.  The factory sent me Locktite Epoxy plastic bonder, is this what others have used?  Directions for repair?  Hoping I don't have to take the whole thing apart.

Amy

Comments

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    It would help if when you say loose. You could tell us exactly what is loose. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    KBaggins1KBaggins1 Member Posts: 135
    I noticed when I combined the grey and black water outlets together that the elbow going in to the black water tank could flex quite a bit, like it went in to some kind of O ring fitting rather than a hard glue joint.It doesnt leak and I saw no way that it could fall out so I left it as is.
    2014 T@B M@XS;  2017 Ford Transit Low Roof, Reg. Wheel Base
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    The elbow at the bottom of the black water tank. Does it move side to side of up and down? Its really strange that It moves at all. How much movement is there?
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    KBaggins1KBaggins1 Member Posts: 135
    Can not tell how much movement there is now as everything is glued together and it was back in december when we did the mod. I would be intersted in seeing a picture of the fitting on the tank and how it joins to the ABS elbow.
    2014 T@B M@XS;  2017 Ford Transit Low Roof, Reg. Wheel Base
  • Options
    NWtabloverNWtablover Member Posts: 13
    I posted my question then got busy and forgot to come back to finish the conversation!  The whole elbow moves side to side, moving from where it attaches into the tank itself.  I have an appointment tomorrow (which is what reminded me to look back here) at a dealer to get the fridge recall fix done, so I'm going to see if they can fix it for a reasonable price.  Getting this ready to sell - I have a 400 on order! 
  • Options
    NWtabloverNWtablover Member Posts: 13
    oh, and since I first posted, it started to leak as well so it has to be repaired!