Options

T@B 400 owners, what vehicle are you using to tow with?

larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
Most of the T@B owners bought their T@B due to size and weight which could be towed with a small vehicle. I am curious about the TV being used by 400 owners.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.

Comments

• Options
    knoxville1915knoxville1915 Member Posts: 60
    I am using a Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 because I want plenty of power in all situations (hilly, sandy, etc.). Also, its width matches the 400 so side vision is not a problem.

2018 T@B 400 (Rol@nd) towed by 2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax (C@lgon)
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    We will be using a 2016 Nissan Frontier Crew cab 4.0L V6.  Have the A.R.E fiberglass MX series cap.  I think Wayne also tows with the Frontier.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    arelemarelem Member Posts: 5
    2014 VW Touareg 3.0L TDI (yes, the one with the emission problems).  Tow rating is over 7800 so I'm sure there will be no problem for the 400.
  • Options
    HvtymwiltravelHvtymwiltravel Member Posts: 51
    As Fred said I also tow with a Nissan Frontier. After our trip West we have around 4800 towed miles. I have always felt that the TV was in control of the T@B instead of the opposite situation. A little extra power would have been handy at times on interstate mountain grades with stiff head winds but otherwise the Frontier in my opinion has been adequate.
    Wayne
    2017 T@B 400   TV  Colorado Duramax
  • Options
    abenteurerabenteurer Member Posts: 72
    I'm with you knoxville1915 about plenty of power.  I'm an advocate of uber-safe towing with a TV having more than enough power for hills and more than enough weight and good construction to handle emergency maneuvers.  It bothers me to see posts and replies here encouraging/accepting TV-T@B combinations that are marginal. 

Combos:  Amateur driver and good set-up = risky but par-for-the-course; experienced driver and poor set-up = risky and avoidable; experienced driver and good set up = The Best Scenario.

2016 T@B M@x S | 2015 Grand Cherokee 5.7L HEMI (awesome) with factory tow pkg | 2017 Wrangler Sahara (awesome) 4-dr with factory max tow pkg
  • Options
    kirkr333kirkr333 Member Posts: 1
    Using 2017 Toyota Highlander. Tow rating 5000lbs.  No issues, yet.  True test is a trip across country to Oregon later this fall.