Options

Thumb-crushing in T@B 400

Has anyone else smashed their thumb in the bathroom door when closing it from inside the bathroom? Both my wife and I have. I am wondering why they did not put a lever handle on the inside as they did on the outside. I am also wondering if anyone has changed the knob themselves.

2018 T@B 400 (Rol@nd) towed by 2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax (C@lgon)

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    This would be the type of question you need to ask your dealer. They, in turn, will contact nüCamp to see what nüCamp would like to do. nüCamp is always open to suggestions if there is a problem that needs to be addressed.  

During your one year factory warranty, please contact the dealer first and let them help with the solution. This also allows you, the customer, to gain a good relationship with your dealer. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Has anyone else smashed their thumb in the bathroom door when closing it from inside the bathroom? Both my wife and I have. I am wondering why they did not put a lever handle on the inside as they did on the outside. I am also wondering if anyone has changed the knob themselves.
    Can you post up a photo of the inside handle and mechanism on the door?   And Verna is correct, discuss it with your dealer and see if they can resolve the issue as they are your first point of contact before contacting the factory warranty people.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    knoxville1915knoxville1915 Member Posts: 60
    I was just curious if anyone else had experienced the same issue, or if it's just my clumsiness, before I pursue resolution through official channels.

• Options
    HvtymwiltravelHvtymwiltravel Member Posts: 51
    We have not smashed fingers there yet and will endeavor to avoid it.  The inside door knob is different  but functional in my opinion.
    Related to the shower door, have you taken a shower in the 400.  The track is either too high or the shower curtain too short in ours. We have water splash about 4 inches up the door, a wet threshold and water on the other side of the door.  I have shared this with nuCamp and it was turned over to R&D.  No other word from them yet.
    Wayne
    2017 T@B 400   TV  Colorado Duramax
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    Wayne, call Elsie in Parts for the new longer shower curtain. It is 3 inches longer.
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    knoxville1915knoxville1915 Member Posts: 60
    We must already have the longer curtain, since we have not experienced any water outside the bathroom. With regards to the door knob, perhaps if I shut it with my right hand instead of my left, I might avoid thumb smashing! =)

• Options
    TheNutshellTheNutshell Member Posts: 4
    We also had the “thumbcrushing” problem - hard on arthritic knuckles. My husband switched the handles so the lever is on the inside and solved the problem. A phillips head screwdriver works on the set screws. 
  • Options
    kaylevine1kaylevine1 Member Posts: 165
    no smashed fingers but a little hard to pull one self up off the toilet without some sort of handle