Am I in trouble? Non-Outback side tent for non-outback model WITH the Outback Axle

Soooo.... I found and made a deal for my new T@B.  6 hrs away but will be worth the drive.   As i was sure I would not have the Outback model, I ordered the side tent for Clamshell, Non Outback.  It's en route... problem is the CS-S model has been upgraded a bit with the Outback axle, so it sits up a few more inches.  

Am I in trouble now??? Unsure if the distinction between the tent types is based on the high difference (REALLY hope not) or something else, perhaps the way it attaches...in which case I'd be safe.   Replies are GREATLY appreciated!

Comments

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @Jannon I would call Elsie at NuCamp. (844) 823-9112 X304. She either knows, or knows who would. She's an amazing resource, as are all the staff there. If it won't work I'd bet you can return it for the correct one, though. Good luck! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • JannonJannon Member Posts: 50
    Think i just missed their closing time... thanks for the direction, I'll be calling first thing tomorrow.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    nüCamp is closed this week for the July 4th Holiday. They will reopen Monday Morning
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    ah... what a great forum, much appreciated!   
  • MudsharkMudshark Member Posts: 21
    I don't believe you will have a problem. The way the tent is constructed allows for uneven conditions. I have set my tent up with the T@b on a concert slab and the tent on grass with at least a 3 inch drop off with no issues. 
    2016 T@b M@x CS-S White with black trim. 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4. White Lake Mi.
    that is fantastic to know... sounds like i may be just fine (it's a 5" height difference).  Just curious, are you thrilled with the tent?  It's one of the selling features of the T@B for me was to have it directly connected to the trailer.  
  • MudsharkMudshark Member Posts: 21
    The tent has been a big plus for us. We have a bunch of grandchildren that we have been camping with and have been very happy with it. We have been through a couple of thunderstorms with it and had no problems. 
    2016 T@b M@x CS-S White with black trim. 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4. White Lake Mi.
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited July 2017
    Jannon said:
    Just curious, are you thrilled with the tent?  It's one of the selling features of the T@B for me was to have it directly connected to the trailer.  
    The side tent is a big plus for sure and we love ours!   You will need a couple of set-ups with it to get it down pat so far as setting it up.  

A few tips for you:

• Put the lower skirt on first that slides into the lower Keder rail.  This has a Velcro seam and can be attached to the main tent once you get that part in and up.  
    • The tent also slides into the upper Keder rail.  Slide the long fiberglass pole through the front and get it up, use the front tensioning strings to pull it out and get them temporarily staked down.  
    • Align the portion of the tent along the trailer and stake down each corner proportionately to align the tent against the trailer.  You can begin attaching the skirt to the tent with the Velcro and this part takes some patience and TLC if you will so that things are properly aligned.  
    • The trailer side step can still be used as that area has Velcro and I just Velcro around the step.
    • Proper alignment of the front (proper tension on the tent itself) takes a little time to ensure that the zipper at the front can open and close without too much tension and eliminate difficulty here.  Please note that since the trailer is shaped like a teardrop, this does change the tent some and you will get my drift once you set it up and align/tension things.  
    • I bend the fiberglass pole in some to keep tension even and take time to stake down the corners, play with the tension and get the best fit for wind, use of the side tent, etc.  
    You can see in the photo how mine looks and we do enjoy it immensely as it gives you ample shade, privacy and a bug free environment.  Hope this helps out some!  

Image may contain sky nature and outdoor

1.jpg 99.4K
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
    Sooo appreciated.  Great stuff!
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Jannon, Just ask & ye shall receive! @Michigan_Mike, Great tutorial, thanks for sharing. Never even thought of puttin' the bottom skirt on first. I'll have to give that a try! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    ericnliz said:
    @Jannon, Just ask & ye shall receive! @Michigan_Mike, Great tutorial, thanks for sharing. Never even thought of puttin' the bottom skirt on first. I'll have to give that a try! ;)
    It's tedious work and I had to play with the tensioning strings at the front, position the screen room as best I could and then stake down the corners.   I don't think it is a perfect set up (each time you set the screen room up) as you do have to play with it a bit to get things into position and then tweak the corners.   I think the best way to describe things is that you basically have to dial it in so that the zippers and everything align and function properly and without placing too much stress on the zippers.   You definitely do not want to force the zippers to close and once you are able to do them up and undo them easily, you have attained  A pretty good set up once the doorway functions properly. I think I had to let off some of the tension from the tensioning strings and that seemed to help ease the stress on the zippers. 
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • TimandMargoTimandMargo Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2017
    @Jannon did the non-outback tent work with the non- outback outback t@b?
    2017 T@B Outback 2017 - TV 2017 Wrangler 4 Door. NW Indiana & High Country Colorado
  • IslandJoIslandJo Member Posts: 60
    @TimandMargo It works. May not be perfect but works. About 5 inches of the floor near the T@b is elevated.  
    2018 T@B CS-S on an Outback axle 
    2017 Toyota Tacoma with tow package
    Pacific Northwest