Options

AC drain question

This has probably been discussed but I just have my phone and searching isn't easy. We are camped in 90 degree heat and the air conditioner has been running for 5 hours. There is no sign of a drip outside. Is this a problem?
John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited July 2016
    No, it's not a problem. If you'rel worried, tip the T@B a bit towards the front and the driver side. Not much. That will just keep any water from dripping onto the driver's seat. Most people ask why no condensation, and few complain of too much condensation. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    When I had the grill off to paint it, there wasn't so much as a drip mark in the dust on the drip pan.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Thanks guys. I sleep on the AC side and did not want to wake up at 3am soaked. I figured it would be like the car that drips like crazy. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    Here is a photo of the cabinet with the A/C removed.  The yellow arrow is the drain location, the red arrow the A/C grill from the inside.  This confirms Verna's suggestion to simply have the T@B tilted slightly forward and down for good drainage. 

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    gophergradgophergrad Member Posts: 115
    Does anyone have (or could anyone run outside and snap) a pic of the drain on the side of the T@b?  Thanks
    2017 CS-S Max (Silver & Yellow), TV 2019 Ram 1500
    Camping under the Big Sky
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The clear drain tube goes down through the wall and exits under the T@B. Mine was hidden on the lip of the I-beam so it was hard to find underneath. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    EjiEji Member Posts: 12
    Thank you so much. This picture explains why my a/c was dripping inside my camper