Can't access my account in a friends computer.

When I try to access my account on my friends computer, whether I use my email, my user name, use the correct password,it keeps coming back "hello stranger".  I finally set up an account in her name for her computer and email address.  Same result.  Even though her account was set up and did work for awhile,  now it won't let her login whether she uses her user name or her email.  She has a fairly new macbook so I don't think it's the computer.  Any suggestions? 

Earl & Sue | Central NY |
2017 T@B 320S | TV: Chevy Silverado

Comments

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Are you trying to access via: tab-rv.vanillaforums.com? I had the same problem in the "old days" when trying to login to the Little Guy forum on my iPad, but have not encountered it since using the aforementioned site.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• suzesuze Member Posts: 9
    This is the forum I'm trying to access.  I have it bookmarked.  I can get on the site, I just can't log in from the friend's computer.
  • TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited July 2017
    It could be the browser settings in Safari on the MacBook have changed.
    Look for Preferences, Privacy, allow Cookies.
    Or it could be some type of browser security setup where you need to add tab-rv.vanillaforums.com as an allowed site.
    Someone more familiar with Macs and Safari should have better insight than me.

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Well that's a bummer. Hopefully someone else has a clue how to help because it's beyond my little bit of experience. Good luck to you. Some one else will chime in, I'm sure.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Michigan-Mike would tell you to try Chrome....don't ask me how to install that. I use Safari on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook and I have no problems. 

As @TabberJohn says, clear out the history and cookies on Safari first. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • suzesuze Member Posts: 9
    The odd thing is my home computer is also a mac but it's an older iMac 20.  She's using macOS Sierra on a mac book air.
  • RuntarootiRuntarooti Member Posts: 76
    Make sure you are not on the old Little Guy site by accident. That happened to me, credentials would not work until I realized it.
    2015 T@B Max CS-S Silver and Black
    Goes where it's towed to by 2017 Subaru Outback
  • HvtymwiltravelHvtymwiltravel Member Posts: 51
    I have an iMac running Mac OS Sierra and for some reason at odd times, I also can not directly sign into my account on the forum.  When it was a problem I found an option to sign in with my Google password and that successfully signed me in. ??? After that the regular sign in procedure works again.  I don't know why it is a problem.  Perhaps it is something to do with the interaction of the forum site and the Apple OS.  Anyway hope that helps

2017 T@B 400   TV  Colorado Duramax
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Vanilla does not play nicely with Apple. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    edited July 2017
    If you are using Safari on a Mac the problem is with the default cookie settings.  TabberJohn mentioned it earlier.  In Safari, click 'Safari' in the menu bar and select 'Preferences', then click the 'Privacy' icon.  Then make sure that 'Always Allow' is selected under the "Cookies and website data' section.

The problem is that Safari does not allow cross-site cookies by default.  The forum authentication cookie is set from a different URL and Safari will not allow the forums to read it, so the forum thinks you didn't log in.
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • HvtymwiltravelHvtymwiltravel Member Posts: 51
    Thank you Jon,  mine was set to allow one visit.  That would explain why it was an intermittent problem for me.

2017 T@B 400   TV  Colorado Duramax