Options

New T@B Owners -- Illinois

FishDoctorFishDoctor Member Posts: 59
My wife and I were excited to pick up our new 2017 T@B S Max trailer today! The walk-through went great and everything seemed in order, but we still have plenty to learn! We have already learned much by scouring this forum!

John and Susan
Downers Grove, Illinois
Downers Grove, IL
2017 T@B S Max, Blue and Silver -- "The Blueb@rry"
States Visited Map

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited July 2017
    Welcome! Many days of happy camping are ahead of you :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Congratulations and welcome. Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    edited July 2017
    Congratulations and welcome! We have a 2017 MaxS, silver with red trim, and love the T@b life! This forum has amazing info, and the people I've met through here are now good friends and camping buddies. Love your pic, too!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    By the way, I thought I would provide a copy of the list we developed for our walk-through with the dealer when we picked up our T@B. Many of the items were gleaned from discussions on this site. I thought other prospective T@bbers might find it useful...
    Downers Grove, IL
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @FishDoctor That List is extraordinary! When my DH and I decide to actually try to figure out how to run everything in the T@bit@t which we've owned for a year we'll use it! You're T@bbers after @ratkity's heart. All that's missing is is a spreadsheet of some sort. Or was that @AldebaranJill and spreadsheets? Happy happy T@bbing! And thank you.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @FishDoctor, Congrats & welcome. Great list by the way, pretty thorough. Now that you have the list, and the T@B, do a campout in your driveway, yard, or somewhere close to home. Go through the list, and familiarize yourself with everything. Push every button, turn every switch, play with everything like it's a new toy (Ha, guess it actually is!! ;)) ,and learn each component. Take the time to learn where all the fuses are, and read the manuals. The more familiar you become with your trailer, the more fun , worry-free trips you'll have in the future. I know Liz & I camped in our driveway & took the time to figure everything out just for the simple fact that our first two outings we knew we'd be boondocking with no cell service & pretty much on our own to figure things out. by doing this, both trips were uneventful, and fun. We even learned more while on our trips than we had before. Most of all, get out there & have fun!!! Good luck with your adventures!!! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    LibrarydragonLibrarydragon Member Posts: 103
    Welcome 
    Sara&Carl
    2015 max s outback, TV 2011 RAV4, V6, 4x4, & 2017 Tacoma Off-road 4x4
    Soquel, CA
  • Options
    DINDAnLANDINDAnLAN Member Posts: 75
    Congrats and Happy Trails!
    Linda & Dan
    Cleveland, Ohio
    2018 Ford F150 XLT pulling a 2020 T@B 400
    LIFE IS GOOD!
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 909
    @FishDoctor - Love your "walk through" list.  I am going to use it to make sure I know how to do each of the items!  We bought ours used last Fall, so although DH got to go on the dealer walk through with @Homebodyatheart when they picked up theirs, I didn't get to.  This way I can make sure I can do each!  Hope you have as much fun in yours as we are having in ours!  First "big trip" is a 2 week 2,000 mile T@bventure next month.  Keep us posted with pics and posts!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    2Cougs said:
    @FishDoctor - Love your "walk through" list.  I am going to use it to make sure I know how to do each of the items!  We bought ours used last Fall, so although DH got to go on the dealer walk through with @Homebodyatheart when they picked up theirs, I didn't get to.  This way I can make sure I can do each!  Hope you have as much fun in yours as we are having in ours!  First "big trip" is a 2 week 2,000 mile T@bventure next month.  Keep us posted with pics and posts!
    Hope the list is useful!

My wife and I are planning to T@B our way from Illinois to Colorado and back next month! I will be spending a couple of nights this week in the T@B while in the driveway so I get to try out various things. We have a couple of short local shakedowns planned over the next couple of weekends.
    Downers Grove, IL
    States Visited Map