Options

hitch height

2»

Comments

• Options
    marilyncpmarilyncp Member Posts: 117
    @ericnliz Thanks... I was hoping you or someone would say that.  Just want to be safe than sorry!!  I bought a new F150 to avoid towing issues that I might have gotten into with my Escape, so I don't want to start out being faulty from the beginning.  :o
    M@rilyn
    Previous 2017 T@B S owner... c'est l@ vie
    But still passionate about the brand!

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    marilyncp said:
    ericnliz said:
    @marilyncp, that's pretty darn close, and like @dsatwork so elegantly stated, check your after load height. "ya just might be able to bring more "stuff"! :)
    Good to know but what happens if once loaded it is still too high?  Maybe 1/2", is that okay?  The reason I ask is because I'm leaving on my fist trip in my new tow vehicle next week and I live in a small community.  Ball mounts aren't easy to find and those that are near by are expensive.

A little high is fine. Maybe good.
    I learned the hard way that low is bad.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Marceline, Might be helpful to others to include a brief description as to why too low was a bad thing for you. Thanks.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    ericnliz said:
    @Marceline, Might be helpful to others to include a brief description as to why too low was a bad thing for you. Thanks.
    I ended up dragging the power cord and wrecked the plug. It was also impossible to get the jockey wheel on. Also, I have my spare mounted on the tongue with a side-mount and the wheel scraped. Bad deal all around. I ended up stopping at an AutoZone to get a different mount and all is well now. 

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Thanks for sharing! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf