What should my hitch height be fully loaded . 2015 t@b cs-s

Comments

• Options
    Z_GZ_G Member Posts: 38
    Whatever makes it level when attached to your TV
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    edited July 2017
    The top of the ball should be 16" from the ground.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    Use this for my T@B...always level...
  • Options
    scaupscaup Member Posts: 81
    I agree with Z_G. Whatever makes it level however........

We tow with a 2015 F150. Plenty of power as it hauls 7600#. Has anyone had any problems with getting the hitch wheel on and off when the T@B is level? With one of the standard hitch drops, my T@B is ~1" high. The next increment down (another 2" down) makes my T@B 1" low......plus 1" low makes it impossible to get the wheel on and off.

I like the hitch that Deltaboy59 has shown but I would hate to buy it and find that the T@B is now level but the wheel can't be used.

• Options
    JannonJannon Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2017
    My setup had 18.5 and it was level...that was with an Outback axle. 

• Options
    RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    edited July 2017
    :confounded:

T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    scaup said:
    I agree with Z_G. Whatever makes it level however........

We tow with a 2015 F150. Plenty of power as it hauls 7600#. Has anyone had any problems with getting the hitch wheel on and off when the T@B is level? With one of the standard hitch drops, my T@B is ~1" high. The next increment down (another 2" down) makes my T@B 1" low......plus 1" low makes it impossible to get the wheel on and off.

I like the hitch that Deltaboy59 has shown but I would hate to buy it and find that the T@B is now level but the wheel can't be used.

As I have mentioned in another thread, I am happy to keep my ball a little high, to leave some clearance. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    JannonJannon Member Posts: 50
    I now have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and using a 4" drop for my Outback axle T@B...taking it out for the first time tomorrow... will post pics.   The high from ground to top of ball mount is around 20"
  • Options
    scaupscaup Member Posts: 81
    rkj_ do you ever have problems with fishtailing?
  • Options
    scaup said:
    rkj_ do you ever have problems with fishtailing?
    Nope.  In about 2,300 km, I have not experienced any fishtailing incidents, even when a little light on tongue weight with the CS-S.
  • Options
    MegaMega Member Posts: 69
    I need about a 7 inch or more drop in order to tow the tab trailer level. I'm in Canada. Where do,you find ball mount for two inch receiver?
  • Options
    hymiehymie Member Posts: 150
    @Mega. Princess Auto, Canadian Tire or Walmart are good starting places.
    James & Jacquie     Almonte, Ontario
    2016 Jeep Cherokee & 2017 T@B Outback
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Amazon, eTrailer
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Your local RV dealer may have some of the less common ball mounts as well.
  • Options
    CT didn't have but haven't checked others out. Thanks. Those others were the next try.
  • Options
    I am curious. I had a 2010"Ford Escape, just got 2016 GMC Canyon to,pull Tab CS S. What size drop do,others use?
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @Mega, what is the model of your 16 Canyon and is it a 4x4? Is it a long or short bed? Do you have the tow pkg?

I have a 15 Canyon 4x4 SLT with tow pkg. To open the tailgate, I got a 4" drop, 16" extra long hitch from etrailer. Drops tow weight 1000#, but not an issue with the T@B if you have the tow pkg. You just have to move the jack handle a wee bit when opening and shutting the tailgate. 4" drop was the best they hand and could've used another .5 to 1" drop... then I remembered I wasn't loaded. All packed up and all was well. :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Shortbox slt 4x4. Only 4 in? Won't have much weight in the box itself, just the trailer I'm thinking the drop to keep trailer level while towing. Even my ford escape i used 5 1/2 in drop and trailer was low at the back.
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    Until recently I never understood it should be 16" from the top of the ball and that is where mine is at when it's level.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @mega, I have a Leer top on the bed (4" higher than flush with the cab) and would usually have a spare propane tank. The 4" drop was a little high, but then I put a new tub on the front. I'm pretty sure it was a 4" drop, but it could've been 6".
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I decided to actually pit the hitch on the ball with the 5.5 inch and it is perfect. Of course no water on board nor anything in truck box. 
  • Options
    marilyncpmarilyncp Member Posts: 117
    Question regarding this subject.  I have a new F150 (turned in my Escape.  I purchase a new ball mount with a 4" drop and now the top of my ball (unhitched) is 14 1/2".  Is that too low to start?  Should I get a 2" drop instead?
    M@rilyn
    Previous 2017 T@B S owner... c'est l@ vie
    But still passionate about the brand!

• Options
    marilyncp said:
    Question regarding this subject.  I have a new F150 (turned in my Escape.  I purchase a new ball mount with a 4" drop and now the top of my ball (unhitched) is 14 1/2".  Is that too low to start?  Should I get a 2" drop instead?
    Everything I've read says that the measurement to the top of ball, 16" and after being confused about this for some time found out my was exactly that and level.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    @dsatwork. Yes that is what I thought but just thought I'd ask before I go buy another ball mount. Thanks 
    M@rilyn

• Options
    KBaggins1KBaggins1 Member Posts: 135
    I have know idea what the height of the ball is on our setup. With the 2009 Pilot, we needed a 7 " drop. With our 2017 Transit, we had to use a 5 1/4" drop. We got both hitches from CTC. We take the rig to the most level parking lot we can find and check that the floor is level inside the trailer with a 2 foot level. These trailers have used different axles over the years so the 16" height to top of ball is a good starting point but not perfect for all of us. Towing a boat with a variety of vehicles over the years has left us with lots of hitches to play around with.
    2014 T@B M@XS;  2017 Ford Transit Low Roof, Reg. Wheel Base
  • Options
    One more question... Ok, I traded my ball mount but now the top of my ball is 17".  UGH!!  Will this be a problem or do I need to find another ball mount to get to that ideal height of 16"? 
    M@rilyn

• Options
    marilyncp said:
    One more question... Ok, I traded my ball mount but now the top of my ball is 17".  UGH!!  Will this be a problem or do I need to find another ball mount to get to that ideal height of 16"? 
    once you load the tow vehicle and have the Tab loaded and hitched up. Check to see if it is level or close to level. That's what your shooting for. 
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @marilyncp, that's pretty darn close, and like @dsatwork so elegantly stated, check your after load height. "ya just might be able to bring more "stuff"! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ericnliz said:
    @marilyncp, that's pretty darn close, and like @dsatwork so elegantly stated, check your after load height. "ya just might be able to bring more "stuff"! :)
    Good to know but what happens if once loaded it is still too high?  Maybe 1/2", is that okay?  The reason I ask is because I'm leaving on my fist trip in my new tow vehicle next week and I live in a small community.  Ball mounts aren't easy to find and those that are near by are expensive.

M@rilyn

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @marilyncp, 1/2" shouldn't be an effect at all. I wouldn't even be too much concerned at the 1" difference either. Mine is at least an 1" difference on both of my tow vehicles. I haven't noticed any adverse effects.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf