Options

bathroom sink removal

Have a Clamshell with shower.  Has anyone removed the bathroom sink?  Want to keep shower head. Do you have any pointers and pictures.  

Comments

• Options
    Spruce1Spruce1 Member Posts: 100
    Yes, I removed the sink in the bathroom. We have a 2014 S Max but I believe the bathroom set up is the same.  I'll post some pics this weekend.
    2014 T@B-S
    2019 Honda Ridgeline, AWD, V6, 5,000 lbs towing capacity
    Minnesota
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 906
    @Sonny and @Spruce1- we are considering removing our bathroom sink as well as @mtnlvr... Would love to follow up with this and hear what you did, how you did it, and now what you think.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    edited September 2017

Hi 2Cougs

We were a little hesitant at first taking out the bathroom sink but now we love it.  Much easier to use facilities!  

The top two photos show the final outcome.  I filled in the screw holes with almond caulk.  I found some seam tape on line that I thought would have been a better color match than it is to cover a few holes.

I replaced the two handle faucet with a single handle unit that I got from Dyers RV online.  To better mount the faucet I purchased a sheet of white ABS.  I beveled the top and side to allow the water to drain.  It's attached to the wall with bathroom caulk.

The 3rd photo shows the new brass fittings.  They are SharkBite so no clamps.  The fittings turned out to be deeper than the space between the studs.  In the 4th photo you'll see how I shimmed out the access panel to cover the fittings. The last photo shows the panel installed.  The shim is stained with a light oak.

All in all we like how it turned out.  At some point in the future I'll look for seam tape that is a better match but for now it serves us well.

We saved the old sink and will give it to the new owners if or when we sell.

2014 T@B-S
    Minnesota
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 906
    @Spruce1 - Wow!  Great explanation and pictures!  Thanks so much.  As we get further into this we may ask more questions.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    I removed and replaced the old seam tape I found online with tape from NuCamp.  It looks much nicer now.The 'after' shot is first. The 'before' shot is below.

2014 T@B-S
    Minnesota