Options

Powering T@B Appliances

CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
This discussion was created from comments split from: New Toys for the New Season.

There are some great questions, answers and useful information here that should have their own topic.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
Sterling, VA

Comments

• Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    Hi, Well I finally got to get inside a T@B and was very happy to be able to fit inside the bathroom with a bit of room to spare. I didn't find the bed all that comfortable with just the cushions, I think I would have a memory foam mattress on top to be really comfortable. I wasn't able to get an answer to a few questions though. 
    Can anyone tell me if a microwave can be plugged directly into an outlet in the back clamshell kitchen? Does anyone know if the generator (Honda 2000) would run the microwave?  Would the solar panel run a micowave? If I am on shore power I know it wouldn't be a problem for a small microwave but the outlets have to be the correct kind for shore power. Would that outlet be the same if the generator was powering up the trailer, or the solar panel. I was also wondering if you need both a generator and a solar panel. Anyone using just one over the other? Are the hook ups for the generator and the solar panel built into the trailer already? I also asked if the new trailers they were getting had the frame on the front cowl to make it more sturdy. They did have the white pcp pipe inside but didn't seem to be very sturdy or have a frame anywhere. I asked about the black trim coming off, they really didn't understand the question. I was told that the trailers they had were brand new but several of them had the old lights, not digital and although they said they were radial tires, I don't think they were. They thought they could already get the front window that would open, I asked if it would have a cover for rocks but again, they didn't seem to know. They also said that by June, the color would be incoporated into the fiberglass rather than be painted. They kept saying I had really done alot of research. Ha. Any answers would be appreciated. I am putting together a list so I will be able to remember all of the great tips and suggestions everyone contributes. 
    Thanks,
    Wanna be T@B
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    Sorry, I meant led on the lights. I have no idea when the word digital came from! Ha.
    Wanna be T@B
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    That is a very handy chart! It helps alot in narrowing down which microwaves to look at. The solar panels are another whole ball of tech conversions I see. The salesman led me to believe you just plug the solar panel into the trailer somewhere and it would power the trailer without an issue. Thanks.
    Wanna Be T@B
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    Hi Neil,
    Thank you for making the solar panel's purpose so clear. Does the generator also just recharge the battery? Do you and "the talent" use a generator and a solar panel?  They look heavy and carrying both around seems redundant. Love what you did to the second bedroom. There aren't too many trucks with a backdoor. You are a really handy guy. I think you are both full of "the talent".
    Thanks,
    Wanna Be T@B
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    Hi Neil,
    I really like the small portable power supply idea. I also plan to be in RV parks most of the time. 
    I think you just saved me about 1500 dollars right up front. I had assumed you needed the generator or solar panel alot of the time. Really, I would only need it camping outside of a park. 
    Thanks so much,
    Wanna Be T@B
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Neil... btw, love the kayak. Saw it in one of your videos, and by golyy if I don't want to get one now... very cool.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful.