Options

moving house... with a t@b

~didnt know exactly what category this falls under, so "General" it is...

Have any t@b owners moved a significant distance with a t@b? Did you hire an auto transport or simply tow it yourself?

Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.

Comments

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    I would tow it myself and enjoy the trip.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    I wish we could, we've got 2 cats and a dog & another vehicle to move. 1 of the 2 cats, well.... misses the cat box on occasion. :open_mouth:

However, where we're moving to, looks to have much better campgrounds and parks!

• Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    The lady that purchased our 320 is currently moving from SC to NM.  She parked the T@B at a friends until spring break and pulled her TV with a Uhaul to make the move.  Will rescue the T@B later.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    HalooHaloo Member Posts: 137
    atlasb said:
    The lady that purchased our 320 is currently moving from SC to NM.  She parked the T@B at a friends until spring break and pulled her TV with a Uhaul to make the move.  Will rescue the T@B later.
    This is what I would do.  It’s a built in excuse for a cross country trip.  Board the pets and hit the road.
    T@B 400 | F150 | Washington State
  • Options
    dluddlud Member Posts: 32
    We moved from TX to CA last spring. We towed the t@b out with our TV. Had a mover for our household stuff. We slept in the t@b one night in a rest stop...worked out perfectly!
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    edited November 2017
    When we were considering relocating to FL, we decided we were going to go with a Uhaul truck for our household stuff with hubby's car on a tow trailer behind the moving truck, then my truck pulling the T@B and probably loading up the T@B with linens and clothes and other stuff that would easily stack on the bed. None of the job opportunities I was pursuing in FL panned out, so didn't have to go that route. Ended up just changing jobs locally. We did sell our house and build, but our move was local.

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    jenmillerjenmiller Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2017

Well I haven’t moved with our t@b for long distance, but my friend recently relocated and had her t@b shipped using auto shipping California service. One can tow their t@b for long distance, considering that you want to enjoy the trip but while relocating or some work purpose it would be feasible to get it transported.

• Options
    We're probably going to tow it ourselves. We figured, when the movers come, pack everything & hit the road, it'll be a convenient place to sleep while I clean the house & before we get on the road. 
    Although we can't really camp on the way down, (cats & above mentioned issue with 1 cat,) we can at least take our time and enjoy the countryside as we head south. :)

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Amazing Fergie!!!! <3
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Happy Birthday, Fergie!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    That sounds like an amazing adventure, Fergie! Our move is a little different, as we are relocating for work. Eventually, this is certainly the type of trip my husband and I have always talked about, just finding the time and the money to do so, at the moment, is tough.

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Fergie, Sounds like you had the adventure of a lifetime! Congrats for givin' it a go!!!! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf