Green oily stuff on my left front stabilizer on a CS-S

Frost772Frost772 Member Posts: 11
edited December 2017 in Factory Comments
i have noticed a green oil substance on my left front stabilizer. Does anyone know what it is?  Also, when looking under my T@B CS-S in that location, there is a tube sticking out. What is that for?

2017 T@B CS-S silver with silver trim ("T@Boo') pulled by a 2015 Subaru Outback (6 cyl)

AT GA-ME 2000

Comments

• ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    Hmm... does it look like antifreeze?  I am not familiar with the CS-S, but that tube might be the glycol overflow drain.  Maybe someone with a CS-S will chime in, sorry!
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Yes, the CS-S model has the Alde glycol reservoir behind the cargo door in the bathroom. Open the door, armed with a flashlight, small mirror and a Sharpie pen. Use the Sharpie to highlight the markings on the reservoir so they are more visible. Use the flashlight to help you see the level of the glycol. It should be between the max and min.  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    I noticed that once on one of my first trips, but the condition did not persist, so I did not worry about it.  

I suspect when the glycol tank is filled to the full line, towing the trailer over bumps may cause some sloshing in the tank, and cause a small amount of fluid to exit via the vent / overflow tube.  

Just a theory, never explored it myself.  
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Frost772Frost772 Member Posts: 11
    It happened when my trailer was sitting for a long time. I'll mark the tank and see what happens. Thanks!!

2017 T@B CS-S silver with silver trim ("T@Boo') pulled by a 2015 Subaru Outback (6 cyl)

AT GA-ME 2000