Options

Disposal Of Anti Freeze

How are people disposing of the RV anti freeze after de-winterizing?
2018 T@B 400 - 2017 Chevy Colorado

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @newbie, the pink anti-freeze is listed as non-toxic, so after most of the stuff is flushed from the sink, shower and toilet traps, it ends up in your black and gray tanks. That is emptied when you drain the tanks the next time, and it is listed as ok for rv dump facilities. If you have it in the fresh water tank, you simply fill and let your tank drain several times until clear. Some people have drained the tank into buckets and then emptied into a dump facility. Some collect the flush water and put it down your home toilet. I have a neighbor with a larger rig  who drains his fresh water tank onto our city street and then flushes the street generously with a garden hose for an hour. I am not recommending any of these disposal methods, but have seen it done. Consider your local ordinances and the environment. I have never had the anti-freeze in my fresh water tank so have never had to worry about it. We just simply empty our gray and black tanks as normal into a dump station.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    newbienewbie Member Posts: 30
    dragonsdofly - thanks for the info.  Think I'll empty the tanks first time out this year at a campground.
    2018 T@B 400 - 2017 Chevy Colorado
  • Options
    WillieontheRoadWillieontheRoad Member Posts: 34
    Newbie,
    Can't help you with disposal this year, but check out Mandy Lea's unconventional way to winterize drinking water for next year.  After the winter season you can invite your friends and have a party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bwB2XIGFYg

2018 T@B 400  Jeep GC
    Alan & Joan Fisher
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Hmmmmm...... 11gallons of Fireball might be a little spendy though. =) But still...the thought remains.... :fearful::rofl:
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    WillieontheRoadWillieontheRoad Member Posts: 34
    edited February 2018
    I may be wrong, but I think Mandy just adds enough Vodka to prime the faucets lines, shower and sink traps. If you add more, think of the fun you and your friends will have in the spring.

2018 T@B 400  Jeep GC
    Alan & Joan Fisher
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    FishDoctorFishDoctor Member Posts: 59
    ericnliz said:
    Hmmmmm...... 11gallons of Fireball might be a little spendy though. =) But still...the thought remains.... :fearful::rofl:
    But think how wonderful the cinnamon smell will be whenever you open the taps in your T@B! 
    Downers Grove, IL
    2017 T@B S Max, Blue and Silver -- "The Blueb@rry"
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @FishDoctor, As long as it's cold, and keeps the cinnamon smell for brushin' yer teeth...who cares! =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf