Options

T@B 400 Owners

2»

Comments

• Options
    knoxville1915knoxville1915 Member Posts: 60
    We did not. We have a sway bar hitch, but unless it is a windy day, I do not use the sway bar; haven't noticed much difference on calm days with or without it.

2018 T@B 400 (Rol@nd) towed by 2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax (C@lgon)
  • Options
    tobysmomtobysmom Member Posts: 2
    We have an outback and recently tried to find a 400 to view. None of the dealers have them even though Nucamp promised a continuous flow... frustrating!  I also heard that little guy will be coming out with a competitive version of the 400. Looking forward to viewing both and perhaps upgrading at some point.
  • Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    Glad to know that NuCamp is selling them so quickly!  But not surprised.  They make an excellent product.
    2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX
  • Options
    HvtymwiltravelHvtymwiltravel Member Posts: 51
    I don't use a weight distributing hitch or sway bars and the trailer has behaved perfectly. I did beef up the rear suspension on the Frontier

Clearance is very good underneath and to the rear.  Lowpoint is the spare tire

Perhaps they are using the Coolcat now but ours has the Dometic air/heat pump.
    I am getting the high altitude kit for the Alde.
    I have closed up the openings in the frame and plan to insulate and install heat pads on the tanks and pipes this summer. I have also added undercoating or paint to all the exposed metal frame parts. As you may surmise it has to be a 3.5-4 season camper for us. We just finished up a three week trip and look forward to our next one
    Wayne
    2017 T@B 400   TV  Colorado Duramax
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    What are the thoughts on the Froli system?  Is the mattress OK, or do we need the memory foam like we used in the 320?
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    Wayne, how are you finding the Frontier doing with the 400.  Added the Timbren ses springs and have the IMS plate and K&N filter.  Going for ours Monday. 
  • Options
    knoxville1915knoxville1915 Member Posts: 60
    The Fröli system is good, but we added a memory foam topper (2") to give some surface continuity to the 3 mattress setup.

2018 T@B 400 (Rol@nd) towed by 2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax (C@lgon)
  • Options
    HvtymwiltravelHvtymwiltravel Member Posts: 51
    I like the froli system. We use a light mattress memory foam topper.  It is very firm without it. 

Good to know that Dometic and Koolcat are the same.  

Fred,  As I have said I am fine with the Frontier.  It will be interesting to hear your observations.  Even with temperatures in the 90s pulling grades the coolant temp never increased. I do wish it had a transmission temperature guage.  If you removed the spring ubolts to install the Timbren springs make sure to check and retorque after you have driven awhile.  

I am also interested if anyone has noticed the swirl pattern vortex in the wake of the trailer while driving in the rain. I notice it especially on the passenger side.  It would be interesting to wind tunnel test it
    Wayne
    2017 T@B 400   TV  Colorado Duramax
  • Options
    AlanAlan Member Posts: 120
    I suspect the T@B XL visor will work on the 400, but will the awning?
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Wayne.  I Torqued the "u bolts after I finally found the Nissan spec." and used lock tite.  Will check after a few miles.  Also will check the hitch mounting bolts.  Had the Hitch loosen on our Pathfinder.  Noticed some squeaks not normal and found some loose bolts to the frame.  I am also interested in the trans temp gauge.  JC whitney has one that is generic.  Apparently there is a port in the trans but no sending unit. 
  • Options
    That sounds like "wake  turbulence" .  Like flying a small a/c and landing behind a "heavy"   Not a very good day!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    atlasb
    We just ordered an adjustment kit for the Froli System. You can make the individual units firmer. Will let you know how it works out.
    https://froli-systems.myshopify.com/collections/star
  • Options
    AMacAMac Member Posts: 75
    After lurking here for a couple of years, researching various small campers, falling in love with the idea of a t@b 320, only to have DH nix it due to size, waiting and waiting for 400 to come out, YESTERDAY we put our deposit down on a silver on silver 400 being built now! So exciting. Now, while we wait, we've got to make a place to park it at our home. Our local dealer, Wilmington RV, in NC, has 3 on the lot if anybody is looking. Former tent campers, total RV newbies, so appreciative of the great resources on this site and to all of you for contributing.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @AMac, Congrats, and welcome aboard!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    AMac, Congratulations! We too were tent campers for many years. You will not believe the luxury you will experience with the 400! If your dealer is in Wilmington, does that mean you are fellow NC residents?
  • Options
    @skwhee yes we are, Wilmington, NC - I think our shake down will be to Carolina Beach State Park just down the road, which recently installed RV sites. Then looking forward to exploring some of the more remote state parks in NE NC this winter to see the huge number of overwintering waterfowl, knowing we can retreat to a warm cozy 400 at night.
  • Options
    As we wait for our 400 to arrive, trying to study up. I am curious to know where all the 'utilities' are located in the trailer - water tanks, alde, etc. (is there an etc.?) I've been able to find floor plans online, but they don't show any of this info. Also, any pdfs of the manual available?
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Alan said:
    I suspect the T@B XL visor will work on the 400, but will the awning?
    Good question but since the trailer is taller and longer it would change the overall dimensions and distances of the awning (for securing/tying it off to the ground) which were spec'd out for the 320.  I'm certain that Paha Que' could easily remedy it if asked to do so.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    LauraPLauraP Member Posts: 6
    When did you order your 400? Ordered mine in mid-February & I'm still waiting
  • Options
    @LauraP
    Your best bet would be to have your dealer call nüCamp to find out where your unit is in the production schedule. When your order was placed it was assigned a build date. Your dealer should be able to find out when your unit is/was scheduled to go on the line and whether it is in process or completed and awaiting delivery. Good luck and happy trails.
  • Options
    Jo3Jo3 Member Posts: 8
    Fred, Yes on the +-48 inch storage tube. No on the sewer hose

Beachcamper, 370 lbs must be a best case scenario for the tongue weight.  With a full  propane, spare tire, full water tank (located behind axle), empty black and gray (located forward of axle) mine weighed in at 480 lbs
    Wayne
    Ours tongue weight was 504 lb at factory when we stopped by.  Full propane, Bucket, hitch lock, 4 wood blocks. Not sure on water tank, maybe 1/3 to 2/3 full.  My husband is 6'1" and had no problem with shower.  I am 5'2" and thought shower was great.  Loved the room and not having a shower curtain "stick" to me.  
  • Options
    Jo3Jo3 Member Posts: 8
    Ditto to earlier comment on attention and number of tours given!  Always attention at the campgrounds, was not expecting the extra attention on the highway while driving; rest stops, gas station, even the Michigan buick dealer sales team came out and asked for a tour.  
  • Options
    mikesnewjourneymikesnewjourney Member Posts: 28
    We are getting ready with our new T@B 400 and our Toyota Tacoma 2016 on our tour. I am new to the world of a full trailer with bathroom this a big upgrade from our old T@B 2006 T1. We sold it the first week after we got this 400. Looking forward to our journey!  
  • Options
    @mikesnewjourney
    Congratulations and welcome to the T@B 400 family! We also made a move up from a T@B that did not have a bathroom and truly love the luxury of not having to traipse off to the campground shower house! Looking forward to hearing how you enjoy your first journey! Happy Trails!