Options

T@B 400 Owners

skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246

At long last we are T@B 400 owners! The two of us have been dreaming of living/traveling in this model for years. We took delivery of our very own unit little more than a week ago at Haydocy. We stayed a couple of nights in Ohio getting all our stuff moved in and situated then took our time bringing her back to North Carolina. It's so comfortable we're living in it in the driveway as we continue to organize in anticipation of taking it on the road for several months this summer and fall. This is truly a well thought out design. The quality and craftsmanship really lives up to nuCamp standards.

One thing that surprised us is the amount of attention that it attracts. After eight years of traveling with first a Silver Shadow then a T@B-CS, we're accustomed to giving tours to interested folks in campgrounds, rest areas, gas stations, store parking lots, etc. But we weren't prepared for the level of interest this one attracts. In one day we gave eight tours to somewhere around a total of twenty people. And that was in a small campground!
Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,500
    Congratulations! That's a beautiful setup!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    DougandMiaDougandMia Member Posts: 73
    Nice to see the whole rig instead of the "selfie" you took on your first drive. =)  It looks great guys! Congratulations!
      Mia   Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.  2015 T@B U, formerly 2012 LG 5-Wide Platform
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Looks awesome, congratulations!

Might have to find a way for Becky and I to swing by and get a tour in July.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Justin_in_SeattleJustin_in_Seattle Member Posts: 47
    Congratulations, that's a really awesome setup you have!
    2018 nuCamp T@B 400  +  2016 BMW X1 tow vehicle
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,528
    Karen - no more clamshell!  Inside bathroom!  Yeah!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Congrats on the great looking Rig!  What is the Top of the ball measurement on your hitch.  Is it much different than with your other T@B.  thanks!  (Waiting for ours to get here in the next couple weeks)
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232

boo said:

Congratulations. A nice looking camper.
    A couple of questions if I may.
    What is the empty weight and is the bath larger than the regular T@B?.

The specs show that they come in at about 2500 pounds, and the bathroom is much larger then in the 320 T@B.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Thanks folks for all the congrats, we're feeling truly blessed. We've slept in it a lot of nights so far.  To answer and elaborate on a few questions:

The bathroom has headroom to spare for 6'0" Steve. Lots of storage on the open shelves where we've put a variety of baskets. The shower curtain covers three sides of the bathroom allowing plenty of room to maneuver in the shower, so yes much larger than the 320. There's lots of light both from the LED lights and from the fantastic exhaust fan. It's pure luxury to us!

We're currently using the same hitch drop as we did with the Clamshell. The tongue weight being heavier for the 400 will affect the height differently from vehicle to vehicle so we suggest you wait until you take delivery of yours until you decide if you need a different drop.

Although we loved the outdoor kitchen in the clamshell, we're enjoying the advantages of the indoor kitchen. It's functioning quite nicely. We're now working on getting an outdoor kitchen set up so we can continue to do at least the messier, smellier cooking outside.

We're loving the adventure! Can't wait to see everyone at üCamp17!
  • Options
    DINDAnLANDINDAnLAN Member Posts: 75
    Congrats!! That increased headroom in the bathroom sounds great. As much as I love our T@B S Max, the bathroom height is a challenge for 6' me.
    Linda & Dan
    Cleveland, Ohio
    2018 Ford F150 XLT pulling a 2020 T@B 400
    LIFE IS GOOD!
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Congratulations and what a beautiful trailer!   I'm jealous!!!!  LOL   =)B)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    SnapDogSnapDog Member Posts: 53
    Looks great! Love your colours.
    There is a 400 at our dealer that I got to walk through last week. Very nice inside and that bathroom is HUGE! (compared to ours lol)
    Sn@pDog, 2017 Outback, Silver w/black trim
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I am finding that the 400 is growing on me. Hope there will be one at uCamp or the factory to examine in person!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I'm jealous, too, Steve & Karen!  No more privy tent--you won't know how to act!  Congrats, and see you in July. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    BeachcamperBeachcamper Member Posts: 2
    I would love the T@b 400 but I have a 2015 Honda Odyssey and max hitch weight is 350. I read specs that tongue weight is 370. Is this accurate?
  • Options
    JGoodJGood Member Posts: 5
    Can't wait to see you both and the new trailer in July at uCamp17.
    Jeff Goodman & Michael Mancuso, 2014 T@B Max S (T@bulus)
  • Options
    I thought somewhere early in the 400 info this year they listed the 400 coming with the sewer hose and a storage area.  Does any one no if they Do?  Trying to get set and ready for the new one.  Thanks,   Fred
  • Options
    HvtymwiltravelHvtymwiltravel Member Posts: 51
    Fred, Yes on the +-48 inch storage tube. No on the sewer hose

Beachcamper, 370 lbs must be a best case scenario for the tongue weight.  With a full  propane, spare tire, full water tank (located behind axle), empty black and gray (located forward of axle) mine weighed in at 480 lbs
    Wayne
    2017 T@B 400   TV  Colorado Duramax
  • Options
    HvtymwiltravelHvtymwiltravel Member Posts: 51
    Oh for boo, 
    Plenty of headroom in the bath. Sorry no picture.   I am 5'10" with room to spare.  I have bumped my head on the door bulkhead to the bath. 
    Wayne
    2017 T@B 400   TV  Colorado Duramax
  • Options
    Thanks Wayne,  appreciate the info on the storage tube and hose.
  • Options
  • Options
    There she is!  At the Dealer now, Going after her on the 19th!
  • Options
    Boo,It took us a while but here's Steve standing in the doorway of the bath in our 
    400. At 6'0" and in shoes he's got headroom and elbow room.
    Wayne, we may have a later build than you. They have increased the dimensions of the door opening making it more comfortable for taller people to enter and exit the bath.
    atlasb, Congrats! You'll love it!

• Options
    Thanks Steve and Karen.  We are really anxious to go get her!  I noticed in the picture on the back over the window, 3 small items that might look like marker lights.  Any idea what they are?  Thanks,  Fred, Donna and Jaxson.
  • Options
    Fred, Donna, and Jaxson,
    Excellent question. We've not noticed whether they are lights or reflectors.  We're currently about twenty miles from our baby. When we get back to her we will check and let you know.
    Steve & Karen
  • Options
    They definitely are lights!

• Options
    Thanks for checking.  I saw ours on the trailer and have about worn it out looking at it.  I had not heard they had anything up there before.  Don't know if it is a new mod or what.
    Getting ready to deliver our 320 to the new owner Saturday then head up Monday and pick ours up.  Getting excited.  Thanks again!
    Fred, Donna and Jaxson
  • Options
    gregandpattygregandpatty Member Posts: 5
    Hey gang, we bought our 400 a couple of weeks ago but had to take it back to the dealer for a few repairs (some LED lights not working, vent fan not working, front shade popped off middle brackets, overhead cabinet hinges couldn't hold up the doors, bathroom door warped at top)  but we love the design and it feels like quite an upgrade from our Outback!  We should get it back this week but I wondered about the heating system - it has a setting for "heat pump" on the A/C controls... does it have a heat pump in addition to the Alde heating system?  We are bringing ours to UCamp and are looking forward to meeting other T@Bers there!  We also have a tent and cover to sell - they are specific to the Outback and won't fit the 400 - Our Visor XL works on the 400 though!!  Greg and Patty  
  • Options
    Waiting to pick ours up next monday.  The Cool Cat does have a heat pump.  We had it in our 320 and had the Atwood gas heater option also.  Used the heat pump most of the time.  Only ran the Atwood to check it out.  The heat pump is good around 40 deg or so.  The 3 way fridge in the 320 produced some cabin heat for the cooler temps as well.  What was the production date on your 400?  Ours is May.  We know these are new models so do expect growing pains.  Have heard of 2 so far with water leaks.
  • Options
    knoxville1915knoxville1915 Member Posts: 60
    Greg an Patty: The 400 does have a heat pump in addition to the Alde system and works very well. We are still using our original 400 that had a substantial leak in one of the clearance lights on the back of the unit, which led to a very wet bed on our first night of camping! NuCamp is letting use the repaired unit while they are building us a new 400. I know they are changing some things like the plastic hinges on the galley counter flip-up extension, which will now be metal. It sounded like they were going to make some other changes, perhaps along the lines of some of the issues you have experienced. I do know they will do more robust rain testing!

2018 T@B 400 (Rol@nd) towed by 2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax (C@lgon)
  • Options
    AlanAlan Member Posts: 120
    Do you need a weight distribution hitch?