Pikes Peak rally and glampout 2018?

ToefootToefoot Member Posts: 38
Seeing if anyone was interested in getting together and planning a shindig for next year in the Pikes Peak region. I am willing to put in some time for coordination and scheduling.  Since we have several distributors here in the region it would be fun to get everyone together in one place for a rally and glampout.  

If interested just post on this thread so we can get the T@b rolling. Rally could be from Colorado Springs to Canon City and then onto a campsite in the Pikes Peak area, several great campgrounds to choose  from, maybe some wine shopping at the abbey in Canon City and lunch? 

Great opportunity for pics, idea exchanges and meeting new friends over some good wine, food and laughs.
2018 320S Outback pulled by 2012 Jeep Wrangler.

Comments

• DonnaDonna Member Posts: 4
    We’re in New Mexico but I’d be interested in a gathering in Colorado.  I hope to be on the road for much of September so dates will be critical.  I also have an Outback!
    Donna in Albuquerque
    2019 T@B 400 Silver with red trim, 2013 Silver Toyota Tacoma

• cmaccmac Member Posts: 90
    We live in the Oklahoma City area and may be interested depending on the date.  I'm retired and my wife will be retiring at the end of this school year on May 24, 2018.  If it is after that date, we will be seriously interested.

John & Cheryl
    Edmond, OK
    John & Cheryl
    2007 T@B ClamShell by Dutchman "Goli@th"
    2018 Chevy Colorado V-6
    Edmond, OK
  • ToefootToefoot Member Posts: 38
    Wonderful, anyone effected by altitude? Campsites like Mueller State park are at about 9500 ft altitude and in a great location for trails and full docking.  Also plenty of attractions, Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, Helen hunt falls, cave of the winds, white water rafting, phantom canyon road, Shelf road, Royal Gorge, Cripple Creek, several wineries etc. 

What month are we wanting?  I was looking at August time frame but flexible. 

We've stayed at the Cripple Creek KOA several times (10,000') with no altitude problems.  I did slow down a little at the summit of Pike's Peak!

John
    John & Cheryl
    2018 Chevy Colorado V-6
    Edmond, OK
  • ToefootToefoot Member Posts: 38
    cmac said:
    We've stayed at the Cripple Creek KOA several times (10,000') with no altitude problems.  I did slow down a little at the summit of Pike's Peak!

John
    How was that KOA? We get a lot of tourist in this region and each year we have problems with altitude sickness, people not used to the thin air.
    We enjoyed our stays at the Cripple Creek KOA!  Also had a good visit with the Hosts and enjoyed sharing a home made cherry cobbler I cooked in our 12" camp dutch oven - they provided the ice cream.
    We just took it easy at altitude since we have been life-long flat landers growing up in Kansas and then relocated to Oklahoma, chasing work.  Our elevation at Edmond is approx. 1,093' per our GPS.
    We also really enjoy the KOA at Ouray and Durango.  We had a large tree limb fall on our T@B at Ouray but it only did minor damage.  Since then we have been more aware of the trees around our campsites.
    John

John & Cheryl
    2018 Chevy Colorado V-6
    Edmond, OK
  • DpdewDpdew Member Posts: 7
    We are picking up our T@B today and live in Denver.  We would be interested in a Pikes Peak rally.
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    We have attended several rallies in the last 4 years if you hope to do this for summer 2018 you need to pick a date and location quickly. Most campgrounds fill up fast. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • roadyroady Member Posts: 5
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @roady, A whole lotta fun! AKA: Glamorous Camping.....glamping. Just about any rally you attend will have certain portions of glamping. #1 is YOU'RE NOT SLEEPIN' ON THE GROUND anymore! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• caa677276caa677276 Member Posts: 7
    The Colorado mountains are beautiful in August.  We are definitely interested.
  • LojocamperLojocamper Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2018
    @Toefoot did anything ever move forward with your great idea? Would love to see a date for a rally in PP region. We are new T@B owners in Manitou Springs and could help if a late August/fall date or even 2019. Mueller SP is one of our favorite places.
    BreakingAw@y
    Silver/black 2018 T@B 320 CS-S, Outback axle, AT tires
    2012 Dodge Ram Hemi - CO

My Visited North America Map
    Adventures: 7
    States: 21
    Provinces: 5

• Laura_vLaura_v Member Posts: 3
    We're new to glamping and very interested in meeting up with others. PP rally sounds like fun. Has anything been planned? 
    Laura
    Broomfield, CO
    2018 320S / 2004 Ford Expedition 
  • NinjaHippieNinjaHippie Member Posts: 6
    I'm in WY and I'd be interested.  In fact I got mine from a dealer in Pueblo.
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    No comments recently from @Toefoot. Maybe those interested can get together over a PP rally for next year if it’s too late this year?
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

Glad to see all the interest! I would be willing to help get something moving for 2019. We are gone for 2 months (sadly, not in Breaking Away!), but can start working on in earnest upon our return in early August. State Park camp grounds cannot be reserved more than 6 months out, so plenty of time for 2019. For a rally here, we would prefer government campgrounds over a commercial campground, but am open to all suggestions and help!
    BreakingAw@y
    2012 Dodge Ram Hemi - CO

• ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    We would be interested for next year. I find as long as we drive into the mountains and high elevations, I am good but boy did I get super sick a few years ago flying into Denver. Ended up at the urgent care and was down for the week. 
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    edited June 2018
    This would interest me.  Mueller State Park would be a good option as it is in Divide, Colorado and relatively close (as far as mountain travel is concerned) to civilization and is very easy to get to.  It has 134 campsites (22 walk in/tent) and 1 RV group site.  20 & 30 amp hookups, water hydrants, dump station, vault toilets, coin-operated showers/laundry, and modern restrooms.  Even has rentable cabins.  Pets allowed at campsites but not on trails or cabins.  I've never used this campground before and will have to verify that the listed accommodations would suffice.

Link: Mueller State Park

My wife and I would consider planning management if there is interest.  2019 would be the best bet planning wise.
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
    Cheryl and I would be interested in a 2019 event.
    John
    John & Cheryl
    2018 Chevy Colorado V-6
    Edmond, OK
    @ColoradoJon we have been to Mueller many times - one of our favorite spots. As previously mentioned, it is close to many activities. There is a group campground and, as for the regular sites, there is not a bad campsite if you stay off the main road and get on one of the 3 loops. All are wooded and many with beautiful views of Pikes Peak (albeit the back side). It would be a great location. Concerns about altitude can be mitigated with proper planning. Would be interesting in touching base with you re planning upon our return in Aug. Aug 2019 would give a year to plan.
    BreakingAw@y
    2012 Dodge Ram Hemi - CO

• DpdewDpdew Member Posts: 7
    We would also be interested in a 2019 event.
  • ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    @Lojocamper - excellent!  I've only been to Mueller for OHV registrations.  Send a PM late August and we can look at either a August 2019 get together, or maybe a mid September 2019 for the turning of the Aspens.

If any others are interested please post here!
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • COcamperCOcamper Member Posts: 43
    We're keeping this on our radar & would love to join if possible! 
    2017 CS-S Silver / Red Trim "Tuesd@y" | 2019 F-150 Abyss Gray | 13 States
    On Instagram: @dogmomming
  • Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    I'd be interested in a 2019 rally!  I live in Colorado Springs and Cotopaxi (which is where I keep M@bel M@y), but am good with any location.  I usually boondock, so haven't stayed at any CO campgrounds to give any recommendations.
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• HerFineMessHerFineMess Member Posts: 23
    I'd be interested! I live in the Denver area, and I've camped at a few of the spots you've all mentioned. A meetup/rally would be fun! 

--Meg 
    Mostly A Solo RV Chick 
    T@B Outback
    Jeep Grand Cherokee