Options

TAB400 Shower Faucet Leak ?

Water is dripping significantly from the bottom of the  black panel to which the hot and cold shower faucets are attached in our 8 week old T@B400. I was thinking to do a self repair but don't know how things are taken apart/put together behind the black plastic panel cover. Has anyone in the group taken this area apart or have any insight?
Pam and John
Fargo, North Dakota
2018 T@B400 White\Silver Trim towed by 2018 Ridgeline White w/Leer Topper

States Visited Map

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @PamandJohnUpNorth, please contact warranty@nucamprv.com. This is a known problem and they know how to fix it, and rather quickly, I might add. They fixed mine before I left the factory, before it was a problem.

No, it is not something I can fix. Trust me, you do not want ME around plumbing......something about how my brother taught me plumbing and it entailed breaking 3 pieces to replace one;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    WannaBeMiniWannaBeMini Member Posts: 13
    I have had to fix this on my 400.  If you are handy, and can't get in touch with warranty at nucamp, it is fairly easy to fix.  You have to remove the 4 square head screws from the black panel and carefully ease the panel away from the wall.  The shower valve will be attached to the black plastic, but there is enough play in the pex lines to allow to be pulled away from the wall.  Inside, you will notice below the shower valve, where the pex water lines attached to the shower valve are black plastic nuts, these are actually unions, and this is where my leak was.  You can slightly tighten these and the leak should stop.   On thing to do before you start is relieve all water pressure by making sure the water pump is off, or if hooked to site water, turn off the hose pressure and turn on your kitchen sink and drain lines.  You want to relieve the pressure, so stopping leak is easier.

Do not over tighten the black nuts, shouldn't take much to get leak to stop.  

Again, do this only if you cannot get dealer/factory to fix.  I am a couple hours from my dealer, so it was easier for me to fix myself.
    Pat, Steve, Rowdy & Shadow
    2018 T@B 400 - "T@KO T@B"
  • Options
    PamandJohnUpNorthPamandJohnUpNorth Member Posts: 6
    Thanks @Verna and @WannaBeMini ! I will keep an eye on it - knowing what is likely the cause of the leak and that there are pex unions behind the panel is reassuring. If it doesn't get worse I will have it fixed at an upcoming service appointment with Nücamp. Thank you both for the prompt response and great information.
    Pam and John
    Fargo, North Dakota
    2018 T@B400 White\Silver Trim towed by 2018 Ridgeline White w/Leer Topper

States Visited Map
  • Options
    MotherrabbitMotherrabbit Member Posts: 6
    My shower leaked into the wall and got a bunch of wood including the floor. Not sure I’d keep water to the unit from fresh tank or city if I was you. Had mine 2 weeks and I’m very sad about it. Dealer tech said it was just dripping from shower being run when I took delivery and they were wrong. By the time I saw water coming out to the floor a lot had soaked into birch from the closet to the bed frame and my floor
  • Options
    PamandJohnUpNorth2PamandJohnUpNorth2 Member Posts: 141
    @Motherrabbit , I read your other post as well.Sounds like your situation is more sig
    nificant than what I am dealing with and I feel your distress. The rest of my trailer is dry because the leak I have is fortunately entering the wet bath pan and going down the drain.
    Regarding your situation, I know that the warranty claim process usually is accomplished by notifying the dealer, the dealer then contacts Nücamp to initiate appropriate action. If you lack confidence in the dealers follow up you may wish to also email to warranty@nucamprv.com. From all my pre-purchase research indications were that Nücamp supports their customer base well and hope that proves to be the case in getting your problem resolved.

Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

• Options
    MotherrabbitMotherrabbit Member Posts: 6
    I appreciate it. My dealer is great and I told them too, I just know a tech and a carpenter are 2 different things and I’m very picky. My problem looked just like yours when it began though so be careful. It leaked into the shower pan and into the wall eventually. Look in your closet service panel where drains and water lines come through just to be safe. My situation changed very quickly and I’m not sure what triggered it. Maybe going from slightly off level to level???
  • Options
    Thanks @Motherrabbit I get what you are saying about the skill set of an rv tech versus a carpenter! I checked under the closet access panel and it is...thank goodness...still dry. I will keep a close eye on it for sure. Thanks again.
    Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota

• Options
    mikesnewjourneymikesnewjourney Member Posts: 28
    My shower leaked into the wall and got a bunch of wood including the floor. Not sure I’d keep water to the unit from fresh tank or city if I was you.  By the time I saw water coming out to the floor a lot had soaked into birch from the closet to the bed frame and my floor also. We are presently traveling in Oregon and worried about how to repair the leak.  We have also noticed the outside shower hose at the valve has been compromised.  Is leaking now when I turn the valve on.  I am not a plumber so I am going to have to get a pro to repair.  Kind of worried about our water leaks.  My pressure is below 50 psi  I believe the pulling out of the hose after several times washing dishes outside loosened the connection to the outdoor shower valve?  Thanks for this great forum.  Very nice to have good communication.  
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @mikesnewjourney, please read my advice above. The dealer nor the factory will contact you because of your post here.  They have no idea who you are unless you contact them. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Here's a quick update on the shower leak issue that I experienced. I contacted nuCamp warranty about the problem. I had a service appointment scheduled after uCamp. Amazingly while I was at uCamp they came to my campsite at uCamp and fixed the leak right at the campground. My understanding is that there were a certain number of the 400 where threaded fittings were not compatible and they replaced the two fittings for the hot and cold water supply. All is good now, and I am very impressed by the factory follow up.

Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota

• Options
    PJ123PJ123 Member Posts: 41
    Hello HappyCampers!  Sorry about the complaint but happy also that it was resolved for you.  Just another example of  nuCamp service.  I gotta believe that, coupled with the quality that goes into the product, their service is what will keep folks coming back again and again. It's no accident that they have such a good rep.  Enjoy
    Pete & Jeanne 2019 T@B red and grey 400 Boondock Lite..TV 2015 Nissan Frontier, Southern Louisiana
  • Options
    JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Member Posts: 4
    We had the same problem in our 400.  Just brought it home yesterday and we spent the night in it last night in the driveway.  After my wife got up to use the facilities she came back to bed and said the floor in the bathroom was wet.  I investigated and saw water dripping from the black panel below the shower valves, just like the pictures posted by @PamandJohnUpNorth.  I removed the panel and tightened the cold fitting (hot was okay).  So far so good.  I will notify warranty@nucamprv.com and see if I can get replacement parts for a permanent fix.  Thanks to all of you!  It’s good to know we are not alone.
    John & Cathy
    2018 T@B 400 aka “T@Boo” / 2018 Ford F-150
    Waverly, WA

• Options
    DeltaPopDeltaPop Member Posts: 28

Tab 400
    I had a similar leak behind the shower black panel, found the threads on the compression fittings would bottom out before there was adequate compression on the rubber washer.
    I removed the black washer and placed a “O” ring in the fitting and replaced the black washer. With the addition of the “O” ring the fitting will tighten up before bottoming out on the threads.
    No more shower drips since the mod.

Recently noticed some dripping under the kitchen sink where the hot and cold plastic tubes connects to the metal portion of the faucet. Placed a plastic tub to catch the drips till I have time to fix.

Don & Mary
    2018 Tab 400
    2019 Tundra CM
    Wisconsin
  • Options
    annphillips6annphillips6 Member Posts: 14
    We had this very same issue - notified our dealer (Apache in Everett, WA) and they fixed it very quickly in time for our last outing. We have been very impressed with both NuCamp and Apache. Love our 400 - we had a 320 style for 4 years and loved that little teardrop but realized that a bit more room would be welcome - especially if we want to do a longer trip such as the Grand Canyon. yes, the owner manuals could be better, and the early T@Bs off the production line have had some niggly issues, however the overall quality of the T@bs and this forum are fantastic. Cheers, Ann
    Ann Logan Phillips
    West Seattle, USA
  • Options
    PamHowardPamHoward Member Posts: 25
    Yep, we had the same problem too.  We called the dealership where we bought it and they told us that it was an easy fix and to go ahead and do it.  It was brand new and we did not want to drive it 3 hours back to the dealership...and my husband is quite handy we fixed it.  I was concerned that it might have leaked underneath the shower, but we were good.  Having a T@B400 is a real learning curve.  But having these groups to bounce questions off is wonderful.  

Pam and Ron, 2018 T@B 400 named Felix, white with black trim, pulled by a 6 cylinder Toyota Truck.