2019 T@B400 - What's different?

Hello everyone!

I'm curious if anyone can tell me specifically if there are any significant differences between the 2018 and 2019 trailers? I'm really close to buying a 2018 and just want to be sure I won't miss out on an upgrade or something.

I'm also curious if anyone knows if nuCamp has plans to release a trailer even bigger than the 400 in the future? I'm personally really great with the size of the 400, but my wife keeps saying she wishes it had just a little more room. 

Looking forward to being a part of your clan very soon! Seems like everyone here is all about it!

Thanks!
Mike

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    There’s been a rumor for a couple of years that there will be a larger one, but it’s a rumor until it is fact. 

2018 to 2019 T@B 400 changes:  The graphics have changed; a built-in microwave option; a Boondock and a Boondock Lite models are available now; two 6 volt AGM batteries with 225 AH, instead of one huge and very heavy 12 volt AGM battery; and that’s all I can think of now. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    Small light just above step at entry. Interior accent panel can be gray or tan (birch).  Gray makes for a 2-tone interior as was standard in 2018. 
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

And, @NorthIsUp, I love that little blue light above the step!  Wonderful for we bifocal wearers. The light is on whoever the step is pulled out. 

And the “porch light” now has amber LEDs in it. It looks much the same when off, but it is a bit softer of a light that is truly amber. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • mikethedrakemikethedrake Member Posts: 3
    Thanks so much for your answers. As amazing as NuCamp's products are, I'm finding that their online presence leaves something to be desired.

Hey Verna, I'm in Indianapolis too! Where'd you purchase? I've been working with Hadocy in Columbus and Braun's on Pendleton Pike.

NorthisUp, great username!

@mikethedrake, nüCamp seems to have everything that any other manufacturer has on their website.  Floor plan, highlights of the model, etc.  Trust me, my older sister is always sending me links of campers....I’ve seen a lot of other manufacurer’s websites ;)

No manufacturer really wants to advertise this year’s model has improvements that the previous year’s purchaser didn’t get a few weeks before.  

Plus, since nüCamp is a smaller manufacturer, they can make changes mid-year if they find a solution to a problem they didn’t realize would happen when designing. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    I think the new 19's also have the new Alde 3020 installed.  This has the high altitude feature with a variable fan for air intake.  Some of the later 18's got the 3020's also I understand.  Our 18 400 has the 3010, but we are not above 5000 feet so far. 
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • DeltaPopDeltaPop Member Posts: 28
    My 400 was a April 18 build and has the Alde 3020 installed.
    Don & Mary
    2018 Tab 400
    2019 Tundra CM
    Wisconsin
    Does the high-altitude feature on the Alde 3020 require you to flip a switch? 
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

I see no mention of any high altitude feature in the 3020 manual nor on the operator interface display.
    Don & Mary
    2018 Tab 400
    2019 Tundra CM
    Wisconsin
  • maddmikemaddmike Member Posts: 137
    Verna said:
    And, @NorthIsUp, I love that little blue light above the step!  Wonderful for we bifocal wearers. The light is on whoever the step is pulled out. 

And the “porch light” now has amber LEDs in it. It looks much the same when off, but it is a bit softer of a light that is truly amber. 
    Wait, what blue light above the step. I don't see it. Is mine out?
    I think the light above the step is only on the Boondock Lite for the 400.
    For the Alde, there is a mention of the operation of the high-altitude mode starting on page 4 and again on page 9 of https://www.alde.se/media/111046/v-3020-05-rev1504-bruksanvisning-compact-3020he_en.pdf
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

The high altitude kit for the Alde is on the Alde panel as an optional feature installed. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    Thanks for pointing out that feature, it is shown on the display screen.
    Don & Mary
    2018 Tab 400
    2019 Tundra CM
    Wisconsin