Options

My alde 3010 wont power on

I have a little guy Tab Max 2014 with the bathroom and the analog alde heat system control panel. I live in Southern California so I rarely use my heater (water or radiant). I went to try to use my hot water recently and noticed that when I flip and combination of the switches for the alde I don’t hear it powering up and sort of gurgling like I used to when it was functioning. What are the troubleshooting steps to determine my issue? I’ve read about the glycol levels, not sure if that could be it, I’ve also read about a fuse somewhere that could be blown. Any information would be awesome guys!

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,495
    First check under the bench to make sure it is plugged in.  Have you tried it on propane?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    What combination of switches are you flipping? Remember you have to select both a power source (electric or propane) and whether you want heat and hot water, or just hot water.
    If you select hot water only, the circulator will not activate and you won't hear that gurgling you recall. However, you should get scalding hot water from your tap in fifteen minutes or so.
    If the sliders are set properly but you are still certain things are not working, there are some hidden glass fuses on the top of the unit itself that have a tendency to blow.
    2015 T@B S