Options

Western Rally

WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
Hi, T@bbers -- I am going to the Western Rally in Idaho in August, and I had planned a stop near Rock Springs, WY. I am coming from Denver, CO. There doesn't appear to be a good place to camp near I-80. The KOA has bad reviews, and I'm wondering if anyone has any other suggestions that are close to the interstate. :-S
Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Sweetwater Fairgrounds, SR 191, a bit north of I-80. It shows 1200 campsites with electrical hookups. There's also a small campground south of the exit. If you have a smartphone, Beth, you can download Allstays Camp & RV and Campwhere. Many states also have state park apps. That's how I find campsites. I only have reservations when camping with a group.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks, Verna. I'll look up the Sweetwater site. I am still in the flip-phone era!!! Not that I wouldn't LOVE to get a smartphone, but I don't want to pay for the Internet twice. I'm going to start a new discussion thread about mobile hotspots. :-*
    Beth, 2013 Subaru Forester, 2014 T@B S M@xx
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    A great site to also check out is RV Park Reviews. It is a great research tool for finding places and planning out a trip.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    There's a Good Sam RV park (Riverside RV) in Heyburn, Idaho (2 miles off I-84) along the Snake River about 273 miles south of McCall. I made a reservation for the night of August 2nd (Saturday). They just opened for the season, so I got the pick of the litter for a quiet, pull-through campsite. They say they have new shower houses, too.

Sunday will be the final trek to McCall for the start of the Western Rally. Woo, hoo!!!

:)>-
    Beth, 2013 Subaru Forester, 2014 T@B S M@xx
  • Options

Newbies to the T@B site, here's a link to the Western Rally in Idaho August 3 - 6.  There have been additional posts on the LG forum, so this is just to remind you to check there for info, too.

http://littleguy.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1854/2014-idaho-western-rally#latest

:)>-