First tow with a 2016 Honda Pilot LX AWD

RerailRerail Member Posts: 22
Hello folks, This past weekend my wife and I did our maiden voyage in our 2020 T@B 400 and visited Allegany State Park located just south of Buffalo NY. We upgraded from the T@B 320 Boondock as we felt it was too small. We towed the 400 trailer from our home near the border and to the park without any problems. A distance of about 80 miles I did notice the the vehicle dropped to 3rd gear on some of the two lane roads where we hit some pretty steep hills. We decided to go without a load distribution hitch and the vehicle did not lean down much with the T@B 400 tongue weight. We did not tow with any water in the tank. Overall, I am happy with the Honda and its ability to tow the T@B400. I would post a picture or two but unfortunately do no know how on this forum.
Thanks,
Keith Stamper
Port Colborne 
ON Canada

Comments

• DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    @Rerail :  About two thirds of the way over on the toolbar you'll see an icon that looks like a sun (or moon) over mountains.  Click or tap that, and it should ask you to point to some local image files on your phone, tablet, or computer.  On this forum, so folks camping with slow cell connections can still load message threads, they've got a rule that it can be only 800x600 or 600x800 pixels in size, or smaller.  So you'll need a photo editor app or program to shrink / resize your images first.

Were there any fall colors still available for your trip or does Buffalo already have three feet of snow again?    :)
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• RerailRerail Member Posts: 22
    No snow yet in Buffalo.........Just lousy rainy weather. 
  • DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    Can you say how loud rain is on the roof of the 400 vs. 320?  It's relaxing at times, but I'm in a 320 right now, and it can be a little loud when trying to sleep. 
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    DougH said:
    Can you say how loud rain is on the roof of the 400 vs. 320?  It's relaxing at times, but I'm in a 320 right now, and it can be a little loud when trying to sleep. 
    Quieter then a tent, that’s for sure! 😆 
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • RerailRerail Member Posts: 22
    @DougH the rain was fairly loud but not to a point where is kept us awake.  I recall 320 was louder as we camped in pouring rain it it too. Having the large window right over the bed was nice as we could see the rain hitting the "glass" and running down. Almost like laying out on your back in the rain as I used to do on a warm day when I was a kid. I grew up in Africa where it was hot and still rained.
    Driving home was a challenge as the weather around Buffalo was really bad with wind gusts up around 60 mph and driving rain. We were buffeted around by the gusts. I have driven thousands of miles towing a much larger trailer and this despite being challenging was not bad. the T@B trailers seem to be really aerodynamic.