Options

New t@b 400 Owners in Michigan

junnyquestjunnyquest Member Posts: 10
edited October 2019 in Introductions
Hey there, everyone. My wife and I just picked up a brand new 2018 t@b 400 from a dealer 'getting out of it'. First camper. Been looking for deals on new 2018 leftovers and I finally found one in Massachusetts. We own a semi-truck and auto transporter trailer, so loaded up the Atlas and headed East. Both the TV and camper rode in style all the way back home.

Silver/silver with red cushions.

Hoping for an early Spring!

2018 t@b 400
2019 VW Atlas
Northern Michigan

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Congratulations on your new T@B and welcome to the forum! 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Too funny!  Well, did you save on transportation costs?  Looks like you made a delivery along the way🤣. Enjoy your TaB!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 540
    Purchased our 2018 400 from the same dealer July 2018.  The camper has been fantastic for 87 nights camping and over 18,000 miles travelled. Absolutely love our 400. Best of luck. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @junnyquest, welcome and congratulations on your trailer!  Ok, I'll bite, where in Michigan? We're just south of Detroit. -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    linolino Member Posts: 225
    edited November 2019
    Welcome and enjoy your new T@B
    I just moved to Michigan a month ago
  • Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    Dufour's? That's where we bought our 2018 last April! We only had to go about 20 miles for it, though. Good price, nice people to deal with. We bought it on a whim--we went there to look at rpods, and fell in love with the 400!
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Thanks everyone. Actually, we purchased from Ted's Auto Sales... and campers. Somerset, MA. They sold Little Guy campers at one time, as well. Super nice folks. Our camper was the last one to leave the lot.

For those in Michigan, we live up in Traverse City. 
    2018 t@b 400
    2019 VW Atlas
    Northern Michigan
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 540
    We purchased ours from Dufours, I didn’t realize the only other NuCamp dealer in Mass was also getting out of selling Tabs. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    jameskuzmanjameskuzman Member Posts: 140
    edited November 2019
    Congratulations! Our @stro is a 2019 400 in silver/silver and we also pull with an Atlas with the factory tow package. We've noticed two things with the Atlas. 

First, gas mileage - which isn't exactly this vehicle's strong suit to begin with - takes a hit from 26MPG highway to 13MPG. 

Second, even with only 2 people in the front seats and a cooler and a couple of chairs in the cargo area, the back end does dip enough to cause an issue with the headlights shining into oncoming traffic. Basically, low beams are at the height of high beams, and high beams are useless. When I have it up in the air for the first oil change and tire rotation, I'll be installing the Firestone Coil-Rite #4175 air bags (kit number W237604175) to help level things out. 

Again, congrats, and enjoy your new 400! 

Jim
    Jim Kuzman, Girard OH - 2019 T@B 400 - TV 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SE 4Motion w/ Factory Tow Package
  • Options
    First, gas mileage - which isn't exactly this vehicle's strong suit to begin with - takes a hit from 26MPG highway to 13MPG. 

I'll be installing the Firestone Coil-Rite #4175 air bags (kit number W237604175) to help level things out.
    Ouch! That's horrible fuel mileage. Was expecting to lose more like 8 mpg, not 13 mpg!!!

And thanks for the tip with the air bags. Was planning on a combination anti-sway/weight distribution setup for the hitch, but maybe the bags are the way to go.

2018 t@b 400
    2019 VW Atlas
    Northern Michigan
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @junnyquest you will probably get better mileage hitching that 400 behind the Star Car than the Atlas :)

Many, maybe most vehicles this days powered by gasoline get about 1/2 the mileage towing even something like a 400 vs solo. Designed for passenger use more than towing.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite