Options

Getting spare keys

I have a 2016 T@B and my spare set of keys have gone walkabout... Should contact my local dealer of NuCamp?
Michael Fitzgerald

Comments

• Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    Start with your dealer.  He will call nuCamp.  NuCamp will want to know the code marks on your door key as well as the VIN of your trailer.  For the hatch locks, they are the same keys used for nearly every RV ever made (unless someone has changed the locks along the way) and can be found in most key shops and hardware stores that sell keys.  The code number is CH751.  If I remember correctly, the cost is about $25.00 including shipping for two keys.
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    If you still have set of keys. Any key shop and most hardware stores can make duplicates fora few dollars.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    @Dalehelman
    I guess that might depend on where you are.  In my area I couldn't find a locksmith who had, or could get, the blanks.
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    @Dalehelman
    I guess that might depend on where you are.  In my area I couldn't find a locksmith who had, or could get, the blanks.
    Actually all the keys are the same. Your dealer should be able to replace yours. If you’re dealer is to far away have them mail them. Someone posted somewhere that the key blank was the same as some car. I can’t remember which one. Maybe someone else will remember.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    Seems like a great time to install new door locks.
    I replaced both the Door and Cargo Door locks with 'same keyed' new (manual) locks for <$50.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @MikeFitz I would think any dealer who carries Tabs can get you a new key. I know that the 2015, 2016, and 2017 Tabs use the same key as I’ve got friends with each model year and all our keys work in each others door locks (we tried it once to check...). I upgraded to a RVLock that has a key, numeric keypad and remote fob. Easy to install yourself and they go on sale about every holiday to include a second fob and reduced price. Good luck! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red